Roast in the oven: the ideal beef recipe for special occasions
There is no Sunday without roast in the oven, perhaps combined with potatoes. Let's find out how to make this beef recipe.
When there is some important occasion to celebrate, roast beef in the oven is the solution to all ills. It does not require special attention and once you have discovered the tricks to keep it tender and tasty you can prepare it with your eyes closed.
It goes without saying that the ideal pairing is with baked potatoes, perhaps cooked together with meat, but if you really want to stay light even a salad will do just fine. The most important thing is to choose good quality meat , with the help of your trusted butcher.
If you are ready , let's see together the recipe for a tender and tasty roast beef in the oven!
How to cook roast in the oven
- First, take the meat out of the refrigerator at least an hour before you start cooking.
- Massage it with oil, salt and pepper. Tie it with string by placing rosemary between the meat and the tie. This operation serves to ensure that the meat maintains its shape during cooking; if you are not practical, you can have the butcher do it.
- Now heat two tablespoons of oil with the garlic cut in half, then brown the meat on all sides. This operation is essential to seal the fibers and prevent the juices from being released during cooking. Remember to do this for both ends as well.
- Raise the heat to maximum and deglaze with the white wine .
- Transfer the meat with the garlic cloves to a pan suitable for baking and cook the roast beef at 200 ° C for 45-50 minutes , turning it halfway through cooking. In the beginning, also add two ladles of broth, continuing to wet it every time it has dried.
- Once ready, wrap the roast in aluminum foil and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing. This will guarantee you a tender and not stringy roast.
Serve with baked potatoes to taste. Enjoy your meal!
Perfect oven roast: 3 tricks
– The first secret to a perfect roast in the oven is to never pierce the meat . By doing this, all the juices will come out and the result is likely not to be soft and juicy but stringy.
– As you have seen in the preparation, immediately after having baked the arroso we covered it with aluminum foil for about 30 minutes before cutting it and enjoying it. Because? The reason is simple: so the juices will have time to "recompose" after cooking.
– Never work with cold fridge meat: the thermal shock with the hot impact of the oven is the enemy of a nice soft and perfect recipe!
Oven Roast Veal or Beef? Which meat to choose
The cut and type of meat chosen is of fundamental importance for the success of your roast in the oven, soft and juicy. Veal is increasingly chosen for this dish: the best cuts are walnut, shoulder rump and rump while, if you choose beef, you can also opt for the priest's hat, sirloin or sirloin.
These cuts cannot, by themselves, provide the fate to the dish, the recipe for roasting in the oven has been successful especially when you get the right cooking and that is why it is important to buy a cooking thermometer. For beef, the roast is cooked to perfection when the core temperature is between 58 and 60 degrees . For veal, on the other hand, the perfect temperature that keeps the meat slightly pink and irresistible, is 68 degrees .
The easy and juicy oven roast prepared following this recipe can be kept for about 2-3 days in the refrigerator in a container with an airtight lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer
READ ALSO: How to make roast veal with soft and tasty milk
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Asparagus and bacon pasta, a mouth-watering first course! Recipe photos and videos
Simple, quick and tasty, pasta with asparagus and bacon is a perfect first course for all occasions. Here are our...
Since the 2000s with love: the Gucci Horsebit is the most Y2K shoulder it-bag of the moment
Horsebit 1955, Jackie 1961, the Gucci it-bags are the most desired and very soon the Horsebit 2003 chain will also...
Let’s find out how to prepare the perfect toast, the most popular dinner recipe
Tired of the usual trivial combinations? Take advantage of our ideas for a perfect mouth-watering toast. There is something for...
Post traumatic stress disorder: what it is, how to recognize it and what are the solutions
Post-traumatic stress disorder is a psychological response to a traumatic event. Let's find out how to recognize it and what...
Can you prepare a light chocolate cake? Yes, it’s crazy cake
The crazy cake is a light and delicious American cake, with an intense cocoa flavor but almost fat-free. Here is...