Roll of pasta and spinach cooked in a cloth with meat sauce
The perfect recipe for a family Sunday.
- 250 g of flour
- 1 egg
- 3 egg yolks
- 600 g of spinach
- 100 g of grated cheese
- 30g butter
- nutmeg to taste
For the ragù you can find the recipe here
preparation time: 30 minutes + 30 minutes of rest
cooking: 45 minutes in boiling water + 10 minutes in the oven
The pasta roll with spinach cooked in a rag and seasoned with ragù is the perfect dish for those who love the flavors of home, but want to offer the usual ingredients in an original way.
This recipe comes from Friuli. Cooking pasta in a cloth is part of both traditional Austrian and Slovenian recipes. The ingredients are simple and can be found in all supermarkets.
The longest part of the preparation is probably the ragù. If you are in a hurry, don't change the recipe, but opt for a ready-made ragù. You can find meat sauce in different variations only to be heated in the Conad flyer.
If you are looking for a vegetarian recipe, you can replace the meat sauce with soy sauce, or skip the last step and season with melted butter and parmesan.
Preparation of the pasta roll with spinach cooked in a tea towel
- The first step is to wash the spinach. Place the spinach in a saucepan with a lid, add the salt and cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain the spinach and dry them. Cut the spinach. If you don't have fresh spinach available, you can use frozen ones. You will need about 300 g of frozen spinach.
- Take a saucepan and slowly melt the butter. Add a spoonful of flour and mix. Add the spinach and mix until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat. Add 100 g of grated Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, according to your tastes, and 1 beaten egg.
- Take the flour and create the fountain. In the center insert the egg yolks and a pinch of salt. With the help of a fork, incorporate the flour into the yolks.
- Knead the compound, it must be smooth and not dry. If necessary, add a little warm water. Create a ball, cover it with a rag and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Take a tea towel or large napkin and place it on the work surface and sprinkle it with flour. Take the dough and with a rolling pin start spreading it on the tea towel trying to create a rectangle. The pastry must be thin, but not transparent. A thickness similar to that of lasagna.
- Distribute the mixture evenly with the spinach. Roll up the sheet.
- Close the two ends of the rag with kitchen twine. Cook the roll in plenty of salted water for 45 minutes.
- Remove the tea towel with the strudel inside from the water and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Gently open the tea towel. Cut the roll into slices about 2 cm thick and place them on a baking sheet. Cover the slices with the ragù and cook for 10 minutes at 160°C.
Now all you have to do is serve.
Enjoy your meal
The spinach roll cooked in a cloth can be eaten immediately, or it can be sautéed in the oven with the ragù just before serving. It is advisable to store it in the fridge and consume it within a couple of days.
For storage in the freezer, it is preferable to cut the roll and freeze the individual portions separately. You can then place them inside a bag and defrost them in single portions.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Delicious carrot pancakes: a truly unmissable recipe
Making delicious carrot pancakes is easier said than done. Here are the ingredients and the procedure to prepare them to...
Light and gluten-free zucchini gnocchi
How to prepare gluten-free zucchini gnocchi? Here is the recipe for the variant with rice flour, perfect even for the...
Are African braids bad for you? How much do they cost? Everything you don’t know
A particular hairstyle to show off that never goes out of style: here's everything you need to know about African...
Traveler’s diarrhea: what it is, symptoms, treatment and prevention
Traveler's diarrhea is a fairly common problem. Let's find out together what it is and how to prevent or cure...
Potato pizza, the recipe that saves you the expense
Halfway between a margherita pizza and a potato gateau: here is the delicious potato pizza with tomato and scamorza cheese....
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce
Fashion2 months ago
Superga celebrates its street and chic attitude in the s/s 2023 collection: starring Levante and Tina Kunakey