Romagna Easter loaf: the typical recipe (also to be made with the Thermomix)
Sarsina Easter loaf: the classic recipe (and the one with the Thermomix) to prepare a soft and fragrant leavened product to serve for Easter Sunday breakfast.
Do you want to try some typical Easter recipes? It's good not to be caught unprepared: today we offer you the recipe for the Easter loaf, a leavened sweet typical of the town of Sarsina, in Romagna. Traditionally, this focaccia was eaten on the morning of Easter day, accompanied by cured meats and blessed eggs . Below you will find two recipes: the classic one and the one prepared with the help of the Thermomix.
Preparation of the Easter loaf with raisins
- First , make the yeast . Heat a glass of milk and let the brewer's yeast dissolve in it, add about 100 g of flour, a teaspoon of sugar and mix well.
- Let your yeast activate until it has doubled in volume and has bubbles on the surface. In the meantime, what to wait, soak the raisins in warm water.
- At this point, transfer the yeast into a bowl or planetary mixer , add the flour and vanillin, half of the remaining milk, and the lemon zest.
- Knead well until you get a compact but homogeneous dough.
- Finish incorporating the ingredients, always mixing by hand or with the hook in the planetary mixer. You will have to add the other half of the milk, the oil, the egg yolks, the sugar, a small glass of aniseed liqueur, a pinch of salt and the soaked raisins.
- Cover everything with a damp cloth and let it rise for at least 3 hours , but it would also be perfect to leave it overnight.
- Take the dough again, knead it on a floured cutting board and give it the shape of a large loaf (or two smaller ones) placing it directly on a pan lined with baking paper and let it rise in the closed oven for 2-3 hours .
- Before cooking, score the surface with the blade of a knife and brush with beaten egg or milk.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C and cook for about 50-60 minutes .
- When cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool completely before cutting into slices and serving.
Preparation of the Easter loaf with the Thermomix
- Chop the lemon zest for a few seconds at speed 9 and set aside. Dissolve the yeast in a glass of milk. Pour the flour, sugar and the glass of milk in which you dissolved the yeast.
- Mix for 20 seconds at speed 4 then add the rest of the milk, the eggs, the grated lemon zest, the oil, the vanillin, the salt and the butter. Work for 30 seconds at speed 5 and one minute in ear mode. If necessary, repeat the operation.
- Let it rise for 3-4 hours then add the soaked and squeezed raisins to the dough before proceeding with cooking as indicated in the previous recipe.
Alternatively we advise you to try the Easter scarcelle or all our other typical Easter desserts !
We advise you to keep the sweet Easter loaf for about 3 days away from humidity or to freeze it (already divided into slices): in this way it will last a few months .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Delicious carrot pancakes: a truly unmissable recipe
Making delicious carrot pancakes is easier said than done. Here are the ingredients and the procedure to prepare them to...
Light and gluten-free zucchini gnocchi
How to prepare gluten-free zucchini gnocchi? Here is the recipe for the variant with rice flour, perfect even for the...
Are African braids bad for you? How much do they cost? Everything you don’t know
A particular hairstyle to show off that never goes out of style: here's everything you need to know about African...
Traveler’s diarrhea: what it is, symptoms, treatment and prevention
Traveler's diarrhea is a fairly common problem. Let's find out together what it is and how to prevent or cure...
Potato pizza, the recipe that saves you the expense
Halfway between a margherita pizza and a potato gateau: here is the delicious potato pizza with tomato and scamorza cheese....
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce
Fashion2 months ago
Superga celebrates its street and chic attitude in the s/s 2023 collection: starring Levante and Tina Kunakey