That of the rosemary liqueur is an ancient recipe full of flavour. A way to round off a meal with family or friends.
Rosemary liqueur is a quick and easy recipe which, in addition to being pleasant to drink , is also full of benefits.
In fact, preparing a good homemade product means putting together genuine ingredients whose mix leads to a pleasant aroma, an intense taste and an invigorating effect. So let's find out how to best prepare rosemary and lemon liqueur!
Preparation of the rosemary liqueur recipe
- Start by carefully washing the rosemary needles and then drying them and placing them in an airtight jar with a capacity of 2 liters.
- Wash the lemon and grate the zest and then add it to the jar.
- Also pour in the alcohol, close everything and shake it to mix.
- Store everything in a dry place well protected from light and shake it once a day for about 15 days.
- Once the time has elapsed, take a saucepan and pour the water and sugar into it .
- Cook for about 5 minutes and until the sugar dissolves turning into syrup.
- When this happens, let the syrup cool thoroughly and filter the mixture of alcohol and rosemary inside.
- Mix the rosemary liqueur well and bottle, leaving everything to settle for at least two weeks.
If you want you can also make the variant of rosemary and cinnamon liqueur. To do this, just follow the recipe above, adding a pinch of cinnamon to the ingredients in the jar. Generally half a teaspoon is more than enough to give the liqueur the right aroma.
Rosemary liqueur: the benefits
Rosemary liqueur is a very effective digestif. For this reason it is especially recommended after meals.
However, its benefits don't end there. It is in fact a tonic with both stimulant and diuretic properties. Furthermore, thanks to the presence of rosemary, this liqueur also has soothing and healing effects on the gastrointestinal system. Reason why, if drunk in moderation it is certainly beneficial.
If kept in a cool, dry place, it can keep for a couple of years when bottled. Once opened, however, it should be consumed within 1 month .
If you liked this recipe, you might also be interested in the pistachio liqueur recipe !
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Let’s prepare lardiated broken ziti, a symbol of Campania cuisine
If you are looking for a tasty first course, don't miss this recipe from Campania: ziti lardiati! Pasta first courses...
Ideas for a light dinner? Here are light recipes and tips for tasty dishes
For a tasty light dinner you don't need much effort: just play carefully with the ingredients you have at home...
Light and tasty, the sliced chicken breast is the perfect second course
Preparing the sliced chicken breast is really simple and in no time at all you will have a quick and...
Vegetarian cabbage rolls
Vegetarian cabbage rolls: a delicious second course based on ricotta and rice. Try them also as a main dish! Who...