Pan-fried turnip tops flavored with garlic, oil and chilli pepper are a delicious and versatile side dish, also good to enjoy as a single dish.
Today we are preparing some delicious turnip tops in a pan, which we will blanch and immediately sauté with garlic, oil and chilli pepper. Turnip greens are an ingredient with which you can make many dishes, especially first courses and side dishes. The best combinations with these florets are anchovies or sausage, two ingredients with a strong flavor that contrast perfectly with the bitter taste of the vegetables. Try this delicious and easy to prepare side dish too: it will surprise you!
How to cook turnip greens in a pan
- To begin with, let's see how to clean turnip greens: eliminate the hard stems and all the leaves that are too thick and choose all the smaller leaves and the tender florets.
- Once done, rinse under cold running water .
- If the tops are small and tender you can proceed directly to cooking them in a pan, otherwise blanch in salted water until they have softened. For a few minutes (5-6 will be enough).
- In a non-stick pan, heat two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and also add the poached garlic and chilli pepper.
- When the garlic has browned, add the turnip tops and close with the lid.
- Sauté for 5-10 minutes over high heat , also adding the pepper and salt and, if necessary, adding 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- Serve your tasty turnip greens piping hot with a drizzle of raw extra virgin olive oil and eliminating the garlic.
If you want an even tastier side dish, we recommend dissolving 2-3 anchovies in the sauté, and only then adding the turnip tops.
And if you liked them and want to discover other recipes with turnip greens, try our fantastic meatballs with millet and turnip greens : they will win you over from the first taste!
You can store this vegetable side dish for a maximum of 2-3 days in the fridge, in a special container with a lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Let’s prepare lardiated broken ziti, a symbol of Campania cuisine
If you are looking for a tasty first course, don't miss this recipe from Campania: ziti lardiati! Pasta first courses...
Ideas for a light dinner? Here are light recipes and tips for tasty dishes
For a tasty light dinner you don't need much effort: just play carefully with the ingredients you have at home...
Light and tasty, the sliced chicken breast is the perfect second course
Preparing the sliced chicken breast is really simple and in no time at all you will have a quick and...
Vegetarian cabbage rolls
Vegetarian cabbage rolls: a delicious second course based on ricotta and rice. Try them also as a main dish! Who...