Simple to prepare but also to customize, the salted zucchini and ham donut is really soft and full of flavor.
There are not only the classic savory pies of puff pastry or brisée, there are also soft and rich ones like our salted donut with zucchini and ham. Its preparation is comparable to that of a classic soft cake because it is sufficient to mix all the ingredients and then pour them into the mold, the result is really something you do not expect.
Excellent to serve as an appetizer, instead of bread or simply to be enjoyed during trips out of town , this soft salty donut really lends itself to many variations. We offer it in its simplest version but at the end of the recipe you will find out how to customize it according to your tastes and the ingredients you have available.
How to prepare the salty donut recipe with zucchini and ham
- Wash the courgettes, remove the ends and cut them into chunks. Then brown them in a pan with oil and a pinch of salt for about ten minutes. They must be tender but not undone.
- Then break the eggs into a bowl, add the oil, milk and beat quickly. Then add the dry ingredients, then the flour, the Parmesan cheese and the yeast and season everything with a pinch of salt and a sprinkle of pepper.
- Add the courgettes and diced cooked ham and mix so that they are evenly distributed.
- Pour the mixture into a 22 cm diameter donut mold (greased and floured or lined with parchment paper) and bake at 180 ° C for 40 minutes. Again, rely on the toothpick test to make sure it’s cooked.
- We recommend letting this quick savory donut cool before serving.
Savory donut with zucchini and ham: the variants
As mentioned at the beginning, it is really easy to make other delicious appetizers by only partially modifying the basic recipe. For example, if you want to try the salted donut with zucchini and pesto, remove 50 g of oil and add 50 g of pesto (which contains a lot of oil) and proceed as per recipe. In this case, however, our advice is not to add the ham but rather some diced stretched curd cheese .
The same goes for the savory zucchini donut with ham and cheese: just add 100 g of diced cheese of your choice to the dough to get an even tastier rustic. For an empty fridge recipe instead, go ahead for the salty donut with courgettes and cold cuts prepared using 150 g of cold cuts that you have available and must consume. Those already sliced are also great!
By the way, in case of intolerances we recommend you also try our gluten-free salted donut , very easy to customize!
This savory rustic can be kept under a cake bell for 2-3 days .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...