Looking for a quick and easy recipe that will make you look good with all the diners? Try the salted radicchio and scamorza pie!
The savory pie with radicchio and scamorza is one of the delicious empty fridge recipes, but ideal to be served even on special occasions such as a dinner in the company of friends and relatives. This radicchio cake can be presented at the table as a single dish, or cut into thin wedges as an appetizer. Also ideal to serve between courses of a buffet on the occasion of a party. For this preparation we have decided to prepare the shortcrust pastry, but if you don’t have much time, you can alternatively use a roll of ready-made puff pastry . Let’s see, then, what are the steps to make the radicchio and scamorza savory pie.
Preparation of the recipe for the radicchio and scamorza savory pie
- The first step is to prepare the shortcrust pastry. Pour into a mixer equipped with blades , the flour, the cold butter cut into chunks, the salt and begin to blend for a few minutes.
- Then, add the ice water and blend for another couple of minutes, until it is well compacted . Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured pastry board and knead it just a few moments and then wrap it in cling film and let it rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, dedicate yourself to preparing the filling , then wash and dry the radicchio and cut it into thin strips.
- Pour a drizzle of oil, the chopped onion into the pan and brown for a few minutes. Also add the radicchio, season with salt and let it dry. Once ready, let it cool.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and beat them together with the milk, salt, pepper and grated cheese. Cut the smoked cheese into cubes and add it together with the radicchio to your mixture.
- Take your shortcrust pastry from the fridge and roll it out thinly with the help of a rolling pin.
- Line a round baking pan with parchment paper and place the dough on top. Prick the base with a fork and add the filling. Fold the edges slightly and cook at 180 ° C for about 25 minutes.
Fanciful variations of the radicchio and scamorza savory tart without eggs, with speck and other ideas
This delicious appetizer lends itself to different variations.
radicchio cake, potatoes and smoked scamorza cheese, smoked scamorza cheese strudel and radicchio
- If you don’t want to add eggs to your dough, you can replace them with 90 ml of milk , even vegetable.
- To add a pinch of flavor to your savory pie, you can add 100g of speck cut into strips to your filling. The savory radicchio, scamorza and speck pie will be very tasty !
- For the variant with potatoes and scamorza, add 200 g of steamed and diced potatoes and replace the sweet scamorza with the smoked one.
- If you prefer to make a strudel , instead, place the filling in the center of the shortcrust or puff pastry and roll up the two ends. Seal the edges well so as not to let the stuffing out and, also in this case, use smoked scamorza.
The savory pie with radicchio and scamorza can be stored in an airtight container for a couple of days in the refrigerator and heated if necessary.
Also try the radicchio savory pie !
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Oily skin skincare: here are the five basic steps
In the case of oily skin, daily skincare with ad hoc products is very important: let's see what the basic...
Spaghetti with three tomatoes, a simply genuine dish!
Are you looking for a simple and tasty first course? Try the spaghetti with three tomatoes recipe, made only with...
Is using social media at the table bad?
Using social networks and smartphones at the table is now common among adults and children: a habit that involves risks....
Types of perm: how many there are and what effect they give to the hair
How many types of permanents are there? Let's find out all of them and see if there is also an...
Homemade Russian salad, the Queen of all appetizers!
Russian salad, the timeless and perfect appetizer for a delicious dinner: here are the ingredients and how to prepare it...
Recipes1 week ago
Mulled wine, the super-scented drink that warms up the coldest days
Fashion1 week ago
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Fashion7 days ago
Ugg Guard Boots, the waterproof sole that allows us to wear all but all the shoes we want!
Recipes1 week ago
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe