The vegan shepherd’s pie is the variant without animal derivatives for those who follow a diet with these principles. Let’s find out the recipe together!
The vegan shepherd’s pie is the vegan variant of the traditional recipe that involves the use of meat as a filling. The so-called vegan shepherd’s pie is a tasty recipe that has nothing to envy to the original one. In fact, we tend to think that vegan recipes are always not very tasty, but this is not the case with this vegan shepherd’s pie.
For the filling, together with the vegetables, we decided to use lentils, which is why it could also be called lentil sheperd’s pie, but you can also use other legumes, such as beans. The preparation of the vegan shepherd’s pie is quite simple, just follow all the steps carefully: let’s see them together.
Preparation of the recipe for vegan shepherd’s pie
- The first thing to do is to soak the dried lentils for about 12 hours. After the soaking time, put them in a pot with plenty of water and a few bay leaves and cook for about 1 hour. The lentils must be well cooked, but not flaked.
- In the meantime that the lentils are cooking, you can also boil the potatoes in abundant salted water for about 30 minutes. Cooking times may vary depending on the size.
- Also prepare the other vegetables: cut the ends of the friggitelli and remove the seeds inside them. After that, cut them into pieces. Also cut the carrots, spring onion and celery.
- Pour a drizzle of oil into a large pan and add the spring onion. Fry for a few minutes and then add the carrots and friggitelli. Finally, add the celery and sauté for a couple of minutes over medium heat. Now add the peeled tomatoes and water.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the drained lentils. Cook over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove the skin from the boiled potatoes and mash them with the help of a potato masher. Season the potatoes with a drizzle of oil, salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg.
- When the vegetables are cooked, flavor them with fresh oregano. At this point, pour the vegetables and lentils on the bottom of a baking dish and cover everything with the mashed potatoes. Level well with your hands and seal the edges well. Bake in the oven at 200 ° C for about 40 minutes.
Vegan shepherd’s pie can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Try to prepare even the vegan savory pie with our recipe!
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Are you looking for some quick biscuits? Try the nutellotti
All you need are 3 ingredients and less than 5 minutes to prepare nutellotti. And it takes even less to...
Pandora bijoux gift ideas 2022: charms and jewels to give and treat yourself
Among charms, rings to compose and necklaces, Pandora again this year suggests sparkling gifts for Christmas Jewels have always been...
Oily skin skincare: here are the five basic steps
In the case of oily skin, daily skincare with ad hoc products is very important: let's see what the basic...
Spaghetti with three tomatoes, a simply genuine dish!
Are you looking for a simple and tasty first course? Try the spaghetti with three tomatoes recipe, made only with...
Is using social media at the table bad?
Using social networks and smartphones at the table is now common among adults and children: a habit that involves risks....
Recipes1 week ago
Mulled wine, the super-scented drink that warms up the coldest days
Fashion1 week ago
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Fashion1 week ago
Ugg Guard Boots, the waterproof sole that allows us to wear all but all the shoes we want!
Recipes1 week ago
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe