Ingredients and recipe for Sicilian swordfish, a simple second dish of fish to be prepared with the addition of cherry tomatoes, olives and capers.
Olives, cherry tomatoes and capers are the ingredients that accompany Sicilian swordfish, a typical preparation of traditional cuisine and perfect for those who love fresh fish. This recipe is really simple and the sauce that is formed during the cooking of the fish can also be used to season pasta.
Do you know what this dish is also called? Ghiotta swordfish. In short, it seems that the name promises well … Here is the recipe step by step!
How to prepare the recipe for swordfish in a pan
If you prefer you can replace the black olives with green ones or you can use both of them according to your taste .
- First, peel the onions, chop them finely and brown them for a couple of minutes over medium heat in a large pan with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil.
- In the meantime, rinse the capers well under water to remove the salt , wash the tomatoes and cut them into wedges.
- Add the olives, capers, cherry tomatoes and aromatic herbs to the pan, cook for 5 minutes and season with salt. Clean the swordfish steaks well, wash them under cold water, dry them well and place them in a pan, being careful not to overlap them.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, add the white wine and let the alcohol evaporate. Turn the fish steaks to finish cooking and cook for another two minutes .
- When cooked, plate and serve the fish with the sauce formed during cooking. Enjoy your meal!
Delicious variations of Sicilian swordfish baked or with pine nuts and raisins
- The first variant that we propose is the one for a very good baked swordfish. All you have to do is take a pan, line it with the special paper and put a couple of tablespoons of oil. Place the swordfish slices, add the chopped onion, olives, capers, cherry tomatoes, aromatic herbs and leave to flavor as per recipe. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 10 minutes.
- Alternatively, there is Sicilian swordfish with pine nuts and raisins. First of all it will be necessary to soak the raisins for about 20 minutes . In the meantime, you can start toasting the pine nuts in a pan until they become slightly toasted (you can also skip this step, but there will be some crunchiness in the dish!). After that, add capers, olives, cherry tomatoes, aromatic herbs, pine nuts, raisins to the pan and proceed as per recipe.
This fish steak should be consumed at the moment , just after cooking the sword. If you really can’t finish it, you can keep it in the fridge for a maximum of half a day, well covered in cling film, and heat it in a pan with a drop of water before serving. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Do you want to deepen the basics instead? Then discover our easy recipe for swordfish in the pan !
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Oily skin skincare: here are the five basic steps
In the case of oily skin, daily skincare with ad hoc products is very important: let's see what the basic...
Spaghetti with three tomatoes, a simply genuine dish!
Are you looking for a simple and tasty first course? Try the spaghetti with three tomatoes recipe, made only with...
Is using social media at the table bad?
Using social networks and smartphones at the table is now common among adults and children: a habit that involves risks....
Types of perm: how many there are and what effect they give to the hair
How many types of permanents are there? Let's find out all of them and see if there is also an...
Homemade Russian salad, the Queen of all appetizers!
Russian salad, the timeless and perfect appetizer for a delicious dinner: here are the ingredients and how to prepare it...
Recipes1 week ago
Mulled wine, the super-scented drink that warms up the coldest days
Fashion1 week ago
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Fashion7 days ago
Ugg Guard Boots, the waterproof sole that allows us to wear all but all the shoes we want!
Recipes1 week ago
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe