Pizza muffins are an inviting appetizer that marries a classic of Italian cuisine with one of Anglo-Saxon ones.
These pizza muffins are not only delicious, but thanks to the use of instant yeast they do not even require waiting for leavening. Mozzarella contains many liquids, so we advise you to let it drain for a few minutes and squeeze it well (or use a more practical mozzarella for pizza ).
In addition, you can also stuff muffins with other cheeses, for example you can use provola, and add cold cuts of your taste.
Preparation of pizza muffins
- Start by cutting the mozzarella into small cubes and set it aside (if you use the fresh one, drain it in a colander so that it loses part of its liquids).
- Pour the peeled tomatoes into a bowl and break them, alternatively give a few very light strokes with the hand blender. Season with 15 g of oil, salt, pepper and oregano. Mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. In a bowl, sift the flour and instant yeast for quiches very well.
- Add 200 ml of water, 20 g of EVO oil and a pinch of sugar
- Knead in the bowl first, and when the dough takes on consistency pour it on the work surface.
- Add a spoonful of salt and work with your hands until you have a soft and elastic dough .
- Divide the dough into eight equal balls, you can help yourself using a scale.
- With your hands roll out each ball to form a small pizza and stuff it in the center with a little of the previously seasoned tomato and a few cubes of mozzarella.
- Reform the ball making sure that the filling remains inside
- Take a muffin mold and place a paper cup in each mold. Place each filled ball in a baking tray. To have the explosion effect, place the part of the ball with the closure facing up . Garnish the top of each ball of pasta with a little tomato and a few more cubes of mozzarella well crushed inside so that it does not run.
- Place the muffin tin in the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes . Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly and serve still hot.
We recommend keeping these morsels for a maximum of 2 days in a cool and dry place and passing them in the oven for a few minutes so that the cheese melts well (inside and out). We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...