Ideal to be served with cold cuts and cheeses, the Romagna esplanade is a delicious aperitif ideal for lunches and dinners with friends.
The Romagna esplanade, as you can easily guess from the name, is a typical product of traditional Emilian cuisine and is also known as a Romagna flatbread, generally served accompanied with local cold cuts and cheeses. Having said this, you will have to guess that it is ideal to bring to the table for a dinner with friends , for a tasty aperitif or some special occasion.
This typical product of the Romagna tradition can be made in different versions , usually it is prepared with coarse salt and rosemary, but we have decided to make it even easier by using only oil and salt on the surface. The original recipe of the Romagna tradition is actually prepared with lard, but we wanted to make it lighter by using olive oil.
Let’s see, then, how to prepare the homemade Romagna esplanade step by step.
Preparation of the recipe for the Romagna esplanade
- The first thing to do is to dissolve the brewer’s yeast in a little water taken from the total.
- Equip yourself with a large enough bowl and add the two flours, sugar, yeast dissolved in water and start kneading . This step you can do by hand or even with the planetary mixer, in this case you have to use the hook to knead.
- After having worked the dough a little, start adding the water and oil a little at a time. Knead the dough for a long time until you get a smooth and homogeneous and rather strung dough.
- Then, before putting the dough to rise, also add the salt, mix it well and transfer the dough to a bowl covered with plastic wrap and let it rise until doubled , then, for about 3 hours.
- At this point, take the dough and transfer it to a pan greased with oil and spread it with your hands, being careful not to crush it too much . Let it rise for another 30 minutes.
- Before baking, make dimples on the surface with your fingertips. Then, sprinkle it with oil and coarse salt.
- Bake in a static oven at 200 ° C for 30 minutes. Your esplanade is ready to be served accompanied by cold cuts and cheeses or stuffed.
If you want, instead of putting the olive oil in the dough, you can put 100 g of lard . During the processing of the dough it will melt and mix with the other ingredients. The preparation for the Romagna esplanade with lard remains unchanged.
The Romagna esplanade can be kept in a paper bread bag for 2 or 3 days.
Also try the homemade Romagna piadina recipe, you will not regret it!
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...