Ideal to be served with cold cuts and cheeses, the Romagna esplanade is a delicious aperitif ideal for lunches and dinners with friends.
The Romagna esplanade, as you can easily guess from the name, is a typical product of traditional Emilian cuisine and is also known as a Romagna flatbread, generally served accompanied with local cold cuts and cheeses. Having said this, you will have to guess that it is ideal to bring to the table for a dinner with friends , for a tasty aperitif or some special occasion.
This typical product of the Romagna tradition can be made in different versions , usually it is prepared with coarse salt and rosemary, but we have decided to make it even easier by using only oil and salt on the surface. The original recipe of the Romagna tradition is actually prepared with lard, but we wanted to make it lighter by using olive oil.
Let’s see, then, how to prepare the homemade Romagna esplanade step by step.
Preparation of the recipe for the Romagna esplanade
- The first thing to do is to dissolve the brewer’s yeast in a little water taken from the total.
- Equip yourself with a large enough bowl and add the two flours, sugar, yeast dissolved in water and start kneading . This step you can do by hand or even with the planetary mixer, in this case you have to use the hook to knead.
- After having worked the dough a little, start adding the water and oil a little at a time. Knead the dough for a long time until you get a smooth and homogeneous and rather strung dough.
- Then, before putting the dough to rise, also add the salt, mix it well and transfer the dough to a bowl covered with plastic wrap and let it rise until doubled , then, for about 3 hours.
- At this point, take the dough and transfer it to a pan greased with oil and spread it with your hands, being careful not to crush it too much . Let it rise for another 30 minutes.
- Before baking, make dimples on the surface with your fingertips. Then, sprinkle it with oil and coarse salt.
- Bake in a static oven at 200 ° C for 30 minutes. Your esplanade is ready to be served accompanied by cold cuts and cheeses or stuffed.
If you want, instead of putting the olive oil in the dough, you can put 100 g of lard . During the processing of the dough it will melt and mix with the other ingredients. The preparation for the Romagna esplanade with lard remains unchanged.
The Romagna esplanade can be kept in a paper bread bag for 2 or 3 days.
Also try the homemade Romagna piadina recipe, you will not regret it!
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Risotto with pomegranate: a rich and colorful dish for special occasions!
It is one of the fanciest and most delicious first courses: pomegranate risotto is perfect for special occasions, but it...
Let’s see the recipe for Poppella snowflakes, a typical dessert of Naples
Let's find out together how to prepare a sweet from Naples, Poppella's Snowflakes: soft and creamy they have bewitched everyone....
The trendiest bijoux to give at Christmas are those of the Ferragni sisters: sparkling and sophisticated collections
Chiara and Valentina Ferragni inspire our looks and also our bijoux. And their jewelry collections stand out among the perfect...
The diet of Victoria’s Secret models is not the same for all: here’s what they eat
What is the Victoria Secret models diet? Always beautiful and in perfect shape, they follow a precise diet. Beautiful and...
Viva Magenta, Pantone’s sparkling color 2023 can’t be missing in your wardrobe: how to wear it
Glamorous and bold, Viva Magenta is the Pantone 2023 color we can't wait to wear A magical, surprising color, full...
Fashion1 week ago
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Fashion1 week ago
Ugg Guard Boots, the waterproof sole that allows us to wear all but all the shoes we want!
Recipes1 week ago
Mousseline cream, a pride of French pastry
Recipes1 week ago
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe