Sorrento style gnocchi in the air fryer: a traditional dish from Campania perfect for Sunday or a dinner with loved ones.
Sorrento gnocchi in the air fryer are a delicious first course, ideal for a lunch or dinner with friends. You can make the gnocchi yourself, but if you don't yet know how many people to prepare them for , we recommend buying ready-made ones, in order to deal with last-minute emergencies.
Below we reveal all the steps of the recipe for Sorrento gnocchi in the air fryer, typical of the area south of Naples. A lighter and less laborious version of the original one, but still full of taste and authenticity.
Preparation of Sorrento style gnocchi in the air fryer
- Peel the garlic cloves and brown them in oil without letting them burn , so as not to give a bitter taste to the seasoning.
- Pour in the tomato puree, add 3 inches of water and cook over medium heat for about twenty minutes , then add a few basil leaves broken by hand and remove the garlic.
- In the meantime, bring the water for the gnocchi to the boil and cook them until they float to the surface, adding salt if necessary.
- Drain the gnocchi and mix them with the sauce , in a baking dish or in single-portion terrines.
- Add the parmesan and half the diced buffalo mozzarella, stirring quickly.
- Complete the layer with the remaining mozzarella, previously removed from the whey .
- Cook in the air fryer already set at 200°C for 9-10 minutes . In the case of single portions, repeat this step until the containers are used up.
- Serve your Sorrento gnocchi in the air fryer, adding 1-2 basil leaves to each plate.
If you don't have buffalo mozzarella available, replace it with the same quantity of fiordilatte . If you don't have parmesan, use pecorino or another hard cheese you like.
For perfect preservation of Sorrento gnocchi in the air fryer, use containers with airtight caps and place them in the refrigerator, in the compartments halfway up. In this way they can last for 1 day , even in summer.
At meal time, remove them from the fridge half an hour before and heat them in the air fryer or microwave for about 30 seconds . If necessary, repeat the operation several times, if the indicated time is insufficient.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Let’s prepare lardiated broken ziti, a symbol of Campania cuisine
If you are looking for a tasty first course, don't miss this recipe from Campania: ziti lardiati! Pasta first courses...
Ideas for a light dinner? Here are light recipes and tips for tasty dishes
For a tasty light dinner you don't need much effort: just play carefully with the ingredients you have at home...
Light and tasty, the sliced chicken breast is the perfect second course
Preparing the sliced chicken breast is really simple and in no time at all you will have a quick and...
Vegetarian cabbage rolls
Vegetarian cabbage rolls: a delicious second course based on ricotta and rice. Try them also as a main dish! Who...