Spaghetti with clams, a killer video recipe!
White spaghetti with clams is a delicious dish: a refined and tasty recipe. Seeing is believing!
Today we prepare some magnificent spaghetti with clams: creamy, tasty and very easy to prepare, but always impressive. It is one of the most famous dishes of the Italian tradition, which can be made in many ways , by adding different ingredients or modifying some steps of the recipe. Obviously, for a perfect result, make sure you have purchased fresh, quality clams. Let's begin: here is the recipe for spaghetti with clams!
How to make spaghetti with clams: the recipe
1. First you will need to purge the clams . The preparation of the clams is essential, and we advise you to do it well in advance before starting. Take your fresh clams and pour them into a bowl.
2. Fill it with cold water, add some coarse salt and leave them to soak for at least 2-3 hours, changing the water a couple of times (remember to add the salt each time to recreate the conditions of the sea and which will lead the mollusk to open to release the sand).
3. After the indicated time, drain and rinse them with cold water. Give each one small taps (perhaps on the countertop or inside the sink) to remove any remaining grit, and finally brush the shell.
4. At this point we can start with the actual preparation : let's see how to cook the clams! Once you have put the water on for the pasta, put them in a pot with the garlic and parsley and pour in the clams. Cover immediately with a lid and wait a few minutes: in the meantime, in fact, they will open .
5. Once opened, remove from the heat and filter them with a sieve, in order to recover their cooking broth.
6. Drain the pasta al dente, and pour it into the same pan in which you cooked the clams, first adding the filtered fish water . If necessary, gradually add a couple of tablespoons of cooking water. Cook for a couple of minutes, then add the clams and parsley, mix and serve piping hot.
And here is the video recipe for a super good and loved by all fish dish:
This dish does not have a real season: it is eaten a lot in the summer (which is why you should take a look at our summer recipes or more specifically at our summer first courses ) but also in the month of December , when the fish becomes protagonist of the festively laid tables.
Tips for perfect spaghetti alle vongole
There are a few precautions to keep in mind to make a perfect pasta with clams.
- The first is, without a doubt, shellfish cleaning . You must take all the time necessary to let them drain and, once they are sautéed in the pan, remember to filter the clams and their sauce well. If you don't have time to filter the clams but you have soaked them for a long time, you can also risk completing the recipe without this step… a few grains of sand won't be a tragedy in case!
- The quality of the pasta is also important. Take spaghetti that keep cooking, and therefore of good quality. The al dente spaghetti with clams is really the best for this dish. To make sure they are al dente you have to taste them and probably drain them 1-2 minutes earlier than the package indicates.
To be sure that the cooking of the pasta is perfect, you can also remove it from the water about 3-4 minutes beforehand and continue cooking in the pan with the clams, adding a ladle of hot cooking water.
- Then always remember to eliminate the clams that will not open in the pan, they absolutely must not be eaten.
- Would you like some cherry tomatoes , especially in the summer season? You can add it to the oil and garlic before opening your clams.
We recommend consuming this recipe for a tasty and easy fish first course at the moment . We do not recommend storing it in the freezer: if you really need to, use a tightly closed airtight container and place it in the refrigerator, consuming the dish after 24 hours at the latest.
READ ALSO: Fish first courses: 20 easy, delicious and refined recipes
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Dark elbows? Here are some simple and immediate natural remedies
Dark elbows are a really common problem. Let's find out how to solve it with natural remedies. That of dark...
Let’s discover a typical dish of Lazio cuisine: pan-fried Roman saltimbocca (with photos and videos)
If you don't know how to make saltimbocca alla romana, now is the time to fix it: here is the...
How to adopt a natural skin care routine for healthy skin?
The skin is the largest organ of the human body, covering an average of 15% of the body weight of...
Simple and creamy, here’s how to prepare pasta with cream and zucchini
Among the first courses with zucchini that you absolutely must try is pasta with cream and zucchini, a little old-fashioned...
Strawberries in pregnancy: what you need to know about their consumption
One of the most common questions involving pregnant women is about the consumption of strawberries during pregnancy. Let's find out,...
Health2 months ago
Picacism: what it is, how to recognize it and what are the risks
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce