Spaghetti with rancetto, a very tasty Umbrian first course
Ingredients and recipe for preparing spaghetti with rancetto, a hearty and very simple first course typical of Umbrian cuisine!
Today we will explain how to prepare a typical first course of traditional Umbrian cuisine, as simple as it is good and substantial: spaghetti with rancetto. The secret of this dish is all in the sauce prepared with very tasty and easily available ingredients: bacon, onion, tomato and marjoram. This condiment may recall the much better known amatriciana pasta, but the presence of aromas such as marjoram allows you to distinguish the two typical dishes.
Spaghetti with pancetta prepared according to the Umbrian tradition are also an excellent idea for those who have little time to devote to cooking, but still want to prepare tasty and tasty dishes. Now let's see all the steps of the preparation.
Preparation of pasta with rancetto
- First, peel the onion, chop it finely then fry it in a pan with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil until it browns.
- Cut the bacon into cubes, add it to the chopped onion and leave to infuse for a few minutes, stirring regularly. Meanwhile, score the bottom of the tomatoes with the tip of a knife.
- Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water for a minute, drain them and remove the skin with a knife.
- Cut the tomatoes into large pieces, add them to the sauce together with the marjoram, pepper and salt. Continue cooking and in the meantime cook the spaghetti.
- Drain the pasta al dente, toss it in the pan with the sauce and serve immediately.
- Finish with a sprinkling of grated pecorino and…enjoy your meal!
Even the spaghetti with Cetara anchovy sauce are a first course to try!
Storage tips? You should absolutely eat this pasta as soon as it is ready and still hot, however you can store it in the refrigerator for a maximum of 1 day well covered by the transparent film.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
WHO advises against the use of sweeteners in diets. Let’s find out why!
The WHO has recently updated the guidelines discouraging the use of non-sugar sweeteners. Let's find out why and what are...
Pasta with courgette flowers
Simple and quick, pasta with courgette flowers is a truly delicious first course. Let's find out together how to prepare...
Here is the recipe for grilled swordfish, a delicious second course full of flavors and aromas. Today we are preparing...
Tricolor first course: tomato and burrata pasta
Tomato and burrata pasta is an ideal recipe to serve as a single dish, especially in summer. That's how simple...
June diet: the fresh and creative choice to lose weight
The June diet is a fresh and summery way to lose weight by eating with gusto. Let's find out which...
Health2 months ago
Picacism: what it is, how to recognize it and what are the risks
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce