Ingredients and recipe for preparing spaghetti with rancetto, a hearty and very simple first course typical of Umbrian cuisine!
Today we will explain how to prepare a typical first course of traditional Umbrian cuisine, as simple as it is good and substantial: spaghetti with rancetto. The secret of this dish is all in the sauce prepared with very tasty and easily available ingredients: bacon, onion, tomato and marjoram. This condiment may recall the much better known amatriciana pasta, but the presence of aromas such as marjoram allows you to distinguish the two typical dishes.
Spaghetti with pancetta prepared according to the Umbrian tradition are also an excellent idea for those who have little time to devote to cooking, but still want to prepare tasty and tasty dishes. Now let's see all the steps of the preparation.
Preparation of pasta with rancetto
- First, peel the onion, chop it finely then fry it in a pan with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil until it browns.
- Cut the bacon into cubes, add it to the chopped onion and leave to infuse for a few minutes, stirring regularly. Meanwhile, score the bottom of the tomatoes with the tip of a knife.
- Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water for a minute, drain them and remove the skin with a knife.
- Cut the tomatoes into large pieces, add them to the sauce together with the marjoram, pepper and salt. Continue cooking and in the meantime cook the spaghetti.
- Drain the pasta al dente, toss it in the pan with the sauce and serve immediately.
- Finish with a sprinkling of grated pecorino and…enjoy your meal!
Even the spaghetti with Cetara anchovy sauce are a first course to try!
Storage tips? You should absolutely eat this pasta as soon as it is ready and still hot, however you can store it in the refrigerator for a maximum of 1 day well covered by the transparent film.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Torta Bertolda, the country dessert of Lombardy
The Bertolda cake is the recipe to make at home if you don't know which dessert to prepare for breakfast....
How to marinate lamb
Here's how to marinate lamb: a very ancient technique that serves to enhance the flavors of the meat and keep...
Baked rice and cabbage pie: a delicious (and gluten-free) single dish
The rice and cabbage pie is a tasty and inviting single dish, here are all the (very easy) steps to...
Water apple cake
Recipe and tips for preparing a perfect water apple pie: taste and lightness in every bite. It is a real...