Spinach meatballs are a very good and simple vegetable-based second course to prepare: here's how to make them!
Today let's see the recipe for spinach meatballs, a delicacy that is perfect as a light second course and that you can serve in all sauces: alone, as finger food during a dinner with friends, accompanied by a light salad or served with some sauce tasty.
As always with meatballs, today we will see the basic recipe, but you can modify it as you like by adding tasty and delicious ingredients. Are you ready to make these vegetable meatballs together? So let's get started!
How to make spinach meatballs (baked or fried)
- First of all, take the spinach and cook it: you will have to blanch them in lightly salted water until they are tender. Generally, 5/10 minutes should be enough for this operation.
- Once they are cooked, take them and squeeze them well, so as to release all the water that has been absorbed.
- So, once done, chop them finely and place them in a bowl. Add two eggs, the grated cheese , salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg . If the dough is too hard you can soften it with two fingers of milk or even water.
- Once you get here, you will have to shape your meatballs, which you can make round or more crushed and flattened.
- Once this is done you can also flour them or coat them in breadcrumbs, and finally choose whether to cook them in the oven at 180°C for about 30/40 minutes or fry them in a pan until golden. The dish is ready, bon appetit!
Baked ricotta and spinach meatballs
A fantastic variant is the one with ricotta : here's how to proceed.
- In this case you can use around 150/200 g of ricotta and use only one egg, since the dough may already be moist and soft enough . In any case, when it comes to meatballs… it's a matter of eyeballs! But above all there is always time to correct dosages and adjust flavors and consistency .
- Once you have prepared them, cook them in the oven at 180°C for about half an hour !
Also try all our meatball recipes !
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Let’s prepare lardiated broken ziti, a symbol of Campania cuisine
If you are looking for a tasty first course, don't miss this recipe from Campania: ziti lardiati! Pasta first courses...
Ideas for a light dinner? Here are light recipes and tips for tasty dishes
For a tasty light dinner you don't need much effort: just play carefully with the ingredients you have at home...
Light and tasty, the sliced chicken breast is the perfect second course
Preparing the sliced chicken breast is really simple and in no time at all you will have a quick and...
Vegetarian cabbage rolls
Vegetarian cabbage rolls: a delicious second course based on ricotta and rice. Try them also as a main dish! Who...