Preparing stewed artichokes is quite simple and thanks to our recipe you will get a truly amazing side dish.
Cooking stewed artichokes is undoubtedly the fastest way to prepare a light and perfect side dish for the whole family. We wanted to offer you a very easy recipe with artichokes . The result is therefore an excellent side dish but also a fantastic seasoning for pasta .
Using artichokes for quick recipes might seem rather complex given that this vegetable requires careful cleaning before it can be used. So how to do it? There are several solutions and the first is the simplest one, which is to buy the artichokes already cleaned and fresh. Then there are frozen artichokes, perfect for stewing, and available all year round even out of season. Finally, you can follow our guide on how to clean artichokes to discover that it is not such a difficult operation.
How to cook stewed artichokes
- Start by cleaning the artichokes : remove the outer leaves, the tips and finally the central boat.
- Slice them rather finely and place them in a bowl filled with water acidulated with lemon juice.
- In a pan with high sides, heat two tablespoons of oil , then add the garlic clove and leave to heat.
- Place the artichokes in the pan, add the salt and chopped parsley.
- Add about 1 inch of water, then lower the heat and close the lid.
- Leave to cook for 15-20 minutes , adding a drop of water if necessary to finish cooking.
- Serve the artichokes piping hot, making sure to remove the garlic and garnishing with more freshly chopped parsley if desired.
You have therefore seen that cooking artichokes is really simple and quick. In half an hour your side dish is ready to be served and if there is any leftover, use it to season the pasta: you will taste how delicious it is. And here is a very simple video recipe to prepare them without errors:
Stewed artichokes in tomato
You can also easily prepare tasty artichokes stewed in tomato by adding about 120 g of tomato puree or, alternatively, 2-3 peeled tomatoes.
After browning the garlic and adding the vegetables, add the puree and, if necessary, a little water. In this case too, let it cook for 15-20 minutes over a low heat and then bring to the table.
We recommend storing the stewed artichokes with tomato for a maximum of 1 day , in the fridge and inside a special container with an airtight lid.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Let’s prepare lardiated broken ziti, a symbol of Campania cuisine
If you are looking for a tasty first course, don't miss this recipe from Campania: ziti lardiati! Pasta first courses...
Ideas for a light dinner? Here are light recipes and tips for tasty dishes
For a tasty light dinner you don't need much effort: just play carefully with the ingredients you have at home...
Light and tasty, the sliced chicken breast is the perfect second course
Preparing the sliced chicken breast is really simple and in no time at all you will have a quick and...
Vegetarian cabbage rolls
Vegetarian cabbage rolls: a delicious second course based on ricotta and rice. Try them also as a main dish! Who...