Preparing stewed wild boar is easier than you think and thanks to our tips you will get a tender and succulent meat.
There are some recipes that take your mind back in time and among them is stewed wild boar. So different from the modern and almost minimalist preparations we are used to, this one does not stop losing its charm although fewer and fewer decide to try their hand at this delicacy. In fact, if the goodness of stewed wild boar is indisputable, the same cannot be said about the speed of its preparation.
The recipe for stewed wild boar takes time : in a first phase, to make the meat lose its wild flavor (hence the marinade with wine), and then for the cooking, long and slow, essential for obtaining soft and succulent meats. In short, you will have understood that it takes patience but we guarantee that this will be abundantly repaid once brought to the table. Ready to get down to business?
How to cook stewed wild boar: the recipe
- First, cut the pulp of the wild boar into pieces of 3 cm on each side and put them in a large bowl. Also cut a peeled carrot , a stalk of celery and an onion into chunks and add them to the container along with half of the aromatic herbs, cloves and peppercorns .
- Cover with the red wine , mix and leave to marinate covered with a clean cloth for 8 hours: you can do this in the evening and prepare the recipe the next day. Why red wine? It will help remove the "wild" taste from the meat.
- After the marinating time has elapsed, drain the meat and vegetables turning everything upside down in a colander. In a pan, brown a chopped celery , carrot , onion and garlic with a few tablespoons of oil .
- Then add the chopped meat and the aromatic herbs , then remove the herbs and blend with a glass of red wine .
- Add the tomato pulp and start cooking. It will take about 4 hours during which you will mix from time to time, possibly adding hot water if it gets too dry. In fact, the meat must always be just barely covered.
- About halfway through cooking, or in any case after a couple of hours, season with salt .
- Only at the end of cooking, scented with cinnamon and nutmeg .
- As soon as the meat is tender, your stewed wild boar is ready to serve.
There is no better way to accompany stewed wild boar than with a portion of polenta or boiled potatoes.
You can store the stewed wild boar in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Heat it in a pan adding a little water if necessary. It is also possible to freeze stewed wild boar for up to four months. When it is time to consume it, let it defrost in the refrigerator and then heat it in a pan, always with a little water.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
What is special about Bruno Barbieri’s carbonara?
Bruno Barbieri's recipe for carbonara causes discussion, perhaps more for the name than for the taste. Try this particular take...
Antibiotic resistance: how to spot it and what to do
Resistance to antibiotics: causes, consequences and possible remedies to be able to try to solve the problem. Are you concerned...
Let’s find out how to prepare excellent cannelloni stuffed with meat
Meat cannelloni are an excellent first course, ideal for Sundays. Let's see together how to prepare them! Meat cannelloni are...
Reinforcement salad: a traditional Neapolitan Christmas dish
The reinforcement salad is a side dish based on papacelle, cauliflower, olives and spring onions: one of the most popular...
Don’t throw away the vegetable peels: turn them into crunchy chips!
Making baked vegetable peel chips is a great way to reduce waste in the kitchen. Here's which vegetables to use...
Fashion7 days ago
Black Friday fashion: between advances, fast shopping and discounted luxury purchases
Food1 week ago
Topinambur: the properties and contraindications of the Jerusalem artichoke
Fashion1 week ago
The super mini skirt in the shape of a belt: the model designed by Diesel could become a trend thanks to Dua Lipa
Recipes7 days ago
How to make risotto pasta in a pan: have you ever tasted it?