Today we discover how to cook the recipe for Tuscan stockfish, a second course of fish with potatoes and tomato also known as stockfish alla livornese.
Let's go to the discovery of a typical Tuscan product, the stockfish alla livornese. The main ingredient of this second course of fish is cod preserved by drying (remember in fact that the difference with cod lies precisely in this), then cooked with tomato sauce and potatoes.
The Tuscan stockfish recipe is usually served in August , when the rest of Italy is dedicated to grilling. But in the end it couldn't be otherwise in a seaside town like this. The preparation is very simple, but it may take a few days in advance if you decide to soak the stockfish yourself. We advise you to opt for a stockfish already soaked in order to significantly reduce the time.
How to prepare the recipe for stockfish alla livornese
- First, if you don't buy it ready, soak the stockfish in water for 3 days, changing the water every 8 hours and keeping it covered in the refrigerator. Without removing the skin then, cut it into pieces of about 2 cm per side. At this stage also check that there are no bones left.
- In a pan, heat the oil with the garlic clove and, once browned, remove it to make room for the rather thinly sliced onions .
- Brown them, add the stockfish and cook for 10 minutes .
- Add the peeled tomatoes crushed with a fork, the tomato puree and a pinch of salt and cook for an hour.
- Then add the peeled potatoes cut into cubes of about 2 cm and continue cooking for another hour. Finally, season with salt and pepper again and serve hot.
Tuscan stockfish is just one of the many ways this fish can be cooked. Also try the tasty accommodated stockfish and you will not regret it!
The stockfish alla livornese can be kept in the refrigerator for a couple of days , well covered with film. We advise you to heat it in a pan before consuming it.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
What good baked lasagna with pumpkin and sausage: here’s how to prepare them!
The pumpkin and sausage lasagna recipe is perfect for those who want to prepare a delicious and inviting first course....
No planes or boats: you can taste the Ischian gypsy directly at your home!
More than a sandwich, the Ischitan gypsy is called toasted bread. Let's discover all the secrets to prepare it like...
Generalized anxiety: how to overcome the fear of living?
When do we talk about generalized anxiety? Let's see when the symptoms lead to define it as such and what...
From the pre-collections s / s 2023, the trends to steal from men’s fashion to be anticipated already this summer
We recently spotted the men's fashion trends of summer 2023 on the catwalk, to be copied to us too starting...
We enjoy kimbap, the fantastic Korean sushi
Kimbap is a Korean sushi-based dish, very easy to make and with few ingredients. Here is the simple recipe to...
Health1 week ago
Mental fatigue, the remedies: procrastination prohibited and obligation to delegate
Beauty1 week ago
Lip contour: what are the most effective creams and serums?
Fashion1 week ago
The easy, fast and glam hairstyles that will save us from the heat: the ponytail to revisit and the disheveled crop
Health1 week ago
Tingling in the back: what it depends on and how to intervene