The taste of strawberry grape jam will conquer everyone. Try it on bread or to fill a tart and you won't regret it.
Homemade jams have a completely different flavor, let's face it. Often, however, only the most classic are prepared, forgetting about recipes such as strawberry grape jam. This is a real shame because the most particular and genuine flavors are lost, obtained with simple but at the same time little considered ingredients.
Strawberry grape jam (yes, it would be more correct to call it that way as you well know by now), is perfect for giving tarts a special touch, but nobody forbids you to enjoy it spread on bread for breakfast . The preparation is slightly different from what we are used to, but we can guarantee you that our strawberry grape jam recipe will still be amazing.
How to make strawberry grape jam
- First, remove the strawberry grapes one by one from the bunch and put them in a colander to wash them. Look for a seedless variety, otherwise you will have to cut each grape one by one to eliminate them.
- Then transfer them to a saucepan and cook over medium heat for 20-30 minutes or until they begin to fall apart and release their juice.
- Pass everything through the vegetable mill and put the liquid obtained back on the heat. If you don't have a vegetable mill, you can also take a sieve, place it over a bowl and pour the strawberry grape mixture, mix well to separate the skins from the pulp and the juice and eliminate the waste.
- Return the liquid and the pulp to the saucepan, add the sugar , the peeled and diced apple and the juice of half a lemon.
- Leave to cook for 40 minutes , stirring occasionally.
- Blend the strawberry grape jam with the immersion blender (in case there are any pieces) then do the saucer test : drop a few drops on a cold saucer, tilt it and check that it stops dripping rather quickly.
- Pour the still hot jam into the sterilized jars and close with a new cap.
- Turn them upside down and let them cool completely before transferring them to the pantry to create a vacuum.
Here is a video recipe very similar to our preparation and that you can follow:
Strawberry grape jam is a delight, but grape jam is certainly no different! Try them both and let us know which one is your favourite!
Strawberry grape jam with powdered pectin and some advice
Alternatively, you can prepare the strawberry grape compote with pectin, which is already found naturally in apples and that is why you often use it to thicken jams. To make it, just add a bag of pectin (the classic fruit pec) and remove the apple. Furthermore, to be sure that the American grape jam has no seeds, you must remember to pass everything through a vegetable mill once cooked. The end result will be smooth and less rustic, but at the same time you won't find even an annoying seed in your mouth.
Strawberry grape jam can be kept in the pantry for up to 6 months . Once opened however, it must be placed in the refrigerator and consumed within about ten days.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Let’s prepare lardiated broken ziti, a symbol of Campania cuisine
If you are looking for a tasty first course, don't miss this recipe from Campania: ziti lardiati! Pasta first courses...
Ideas for a light dinner? Here are light recipes and tips for tasty dishes
For a tasty light dinner you don't need much effort: just play carefully with the ingredients you have at home...
Light and tasty, the sliced chicken breast is the perfect second course
Preparing the sliced chicken breast is really simple and in no time at all you will have a quick and...
Vegetarian cabbage rolls
Vegetarian cabbage rolls: a delicious second course based on ricotta and rice. Try them also as a main dish! Who...