Directly from the Romagna tradition, the swallow’s nests will be a very tasty first course to bring to the table on Sunday for lunch.
Romagnoli swallow nests are a typical, delicious and beautiful first course to look at. These take on the appearance of many small roses, made with a pastry that you will prepare with your own hands. Do not worry, the preparation will not be as difficult as it may seem … but it certainly won’t be a light recipe! Occasionally it is good to indulge in some culinary pleasure that will stray from your diet, especially if preparing them will be simple and will require few ingredients: butter, cheese, cooked ham and a delicious egg pasta. The swallow’s nests are perfect for Sunday lunch … friends and relatives can only congratulate you!
Let’s go and find out how swallow’s nests are made.
Preparation of the recipe of the swallow’s nests in the oven
- First, start preparing the swallow’s nest pasta: take a bowl and mix the flour with the egg and let it rest for half an hour .
- Transfer the dough to a work surface and roll it out with a 3 mm rolling pin. Cut the pastry into 20 cm long rectangles and boil in salted water for 5 minutes .
- For the bechamel, take a mixer and blend the milk, nutmeg and corn starch. Separately, melt the butter in a pan and then add the blended mixture and mix.
- Put the pastry back on a work surface and cover it with a slice of cooked ham and a slice of Emmenthal. Roll and cut the 3 cm swivels .
- Take an oiled pan and pour the béchamel. Place the swallow nests next to each other and add a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 200 ° C for 20 minutes .
- Remove from the oven, let it cool for a few minutes and serve to your diners!
You can add the mushrooms to the seasonings: wash them, clean them and fry them in a pan for 10 minutes with a knob of butter and a clove of garlic. Salt, pepper and finally remove the garlic. Add the cooked mushrooms to the seasoning of the swallow’s nests before rolling them. Alternatively, try stuffing this dish with a vegetable mix for a vegetarian version !
Store in the refrigerator for two days , covered with cling film.
If you liked this recipe, you might also like the baked spinach nests with eggs .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...