Are you curious to know what is inside the sweet Romagna hedgehog? Let’s prepare this typical sweet Easter hedgehog.
Many of you, perhaps, do not yet know it, the porcupine cake, however, is a typical dessert of Romagna. In this area of Italy his original recipe was born, which included a clear and butter cream coating. This is a version suitable for any time of the year, for a dessert that can also be served as a fun birthday cake . However, there is a more gluttonous variant, typically made to celebrate Easter. Are you curious about how to cook sweet porcupine?
You can enrich the Easter lunch by serving the dessert in all its goodness with a delicious covering of chocolate buttercream . The interior is all to be savored: a structure in which ladyfingers and cream alternate. The typical appearance, then, can be enriched with the addition of many almonds, which constitute the particular quills of this sweet little animal!
Preparation of the recipe for the sweet porcupine
- To make the cake, start by putting the butter in a bowl. Add the sugar and work with an electric mixer to whip everything.
- While continuing to mix, stir in the egg yolks and grated lemon zest. Ultimate with a pinch of salt.
- Add the cocoa powder and mix, to obtain a homogeneous cream.
- At this point, cover it with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge to firm up.
- Take an oval plate, which is suitable for the shape that the porcupine-shaped cake must have. Make the syrup by mixing coffee and liqueur in a bowl.
- Soak one Savoyard at a time in the syrup and begin to arrange them on the plate, to form a first layer. Take the cream from the fridge and spread a first quantity on the biscuits.
- Continue with a second layer of ladyfingers (soaked), then again the cream. Continue like this to make a porcupine, whose body is made in a semi-sphere and the muzzle in the shape of a triangle.
- Once the ladyfingers are finished, cover with a final layer of chocolate buttercream to cover the whole sweet hedgehog. Smooth with a spatula .
- Transfer the cake to the fridge for 2 hours .
- After this time, cut the almonds vertically to form two equal halves. Use them to form the quills, eyes and nose of your cake.
Whether it’s for a birthday party or Easter lunch, brushing up on grandma’s sweet porcupine recipe is always a great idea. Keep this dessert in the fridge for 2-3 days , in an airtight container.
We remain in the tradition and present the resta comasca , the typical Easter cake of Lake Como.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Bach flowers: a natural remedy for colds and flu
Bach flowers are valid natural remedies for colds and flu: let's see which ones to use against these diseases. Like...
Crunchy baked pumpkin crush: perfect for autumn
The crunchy squash squash is an excellent alternative to bread to serve as an appetizer. Here is the recipe to...
Comfy and practical: long live wide trousers, save looks for every occasion
For those days when you need a cocoon mood and more, the perfect women's wardrobe includes baggy trousers Bootcut, palazzo,...
Just for you, the video recipe for quick and easy puff pastry bread sticks
How to make puff pastry bread sticks? Here are the ingredients and recipe for making quick and very easy appetizers...
Much more than praline almonds: they are the stones of Abruzzo
Sassi d'Abruzzo are a typical dessert of a small town in Teramo, prepared with caramelized and flavored almonds. Finally, they...
Fashion1 week ago
Black Friday fashion: between advances, fast shopping and discounted luxury purchases
Recipes1 week ago
How to make risotto pasta in a pan: have you ever tasted it?
Recipes1 week ago
How to make mascarpone cream: the classic recipe and with the Thermomix!
Recipes4 days ago
Reinforcement salad: a Christmas dish of the Neapolitan tradition