The country cake brings to mind of those who taste the memories and scents of childhood, at the same time made of simplicity and good things.
The country bread cake is based on stale bread. In almost all of Italy there is a cake of this type, even if in a thousand variations and with a thousand different names. It also owes its goodness to its simplicity, and perhaps you have never thought that leftovers can be so good. Now we add a few more ingredients, but it’s still fantastic. To make it even more delicious, at the end you can pour honey into it .
Preparation of the country cake with the original recipe
- Pour the milk into a large bowl. Add the broken dry bread and leave it to soak for at least half an hour.
- Pour the dry biscuits and coarsely broken amaretti biscuits into the milk.
- Mix with your hands breaking the bread, now much softer. You don’t have to, however, reduce it to pulp, it is good that some more consistent pieces remain.
- Open the egg and separate the egg white from the yolk.
- Pour the well sifted cocoa, the knife crumbled chocolate bar, the egg yolk only, and the sugar into the bowl with milk and bread. Mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Set aside some pine nuts that will be used for decoration, add the others to the bowl.
- Peel and clean the apple, cut it into cubes and pour it into the bowl.
- Melt the butter and add it to the dough. Mix well.
- Now whisk the egg white with an electric whisk, add it to the other ingredients and mix gently so as not to dismantle it.
- Take a mold for cakes, preferably those with a hinge , and grease it on the walls with oil as well. Pour the breadcrumbs inside and turn the pan so that it covers the inside of the entire mold. Eliminate the excess.
- Pour the mixture into the mold and spread the pine nuts set aside on the surface.
- Bake for 70-90 minutes . Times vary depending on how liquid the dough has become. Do the toothpick test, but remember that the peasant cake is still moist inside, so adjust accordingly.
- Remove from the oven and, before removing it from the pan, allow it to cool completely. You can sprinkle with icing sugar or pour honey on it.
Never throw away the leftover bread, it can be used for many dishes. Here are some recipes with stale bread .
The Brianza bread cake is in fact typical of these areas despite having expanded along the entire boot, it can be kept out of the fridge for about 4 days , away from sources of light or heat and under a special glass bell for sweets.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...