The country cake brings to mind of those who taste the memories and scents of childhood, at the same time made of simplicity and good things.
The country bread cake is based on stale bread. In almost all of Italy there is a cake of this type, even if in a thousand variations and with a thousand different names. It also owes its goodness to its simplicity, and perhaps you have never thought that leftovers can be so good. Now we add a few more ingredients, but it’s still fantastic. To make it even more delicious, at the end you can pour honey into it .
Preparation of the country cake with the original recipe
- Pour the milk into a large bowl. Add the broken dry bread and leave it to soak for at least half an hour.
- Pour the dry biscuits and coarsely broken amaretti biscuits into the milk.
- Mix with your hands breaking the bread, now much softer. You don’t have to, however, reduce it to pulp, it is good that some more consistent pieces remain.
- Open the egg and separate the egg white from the yolk.
- Pour the well sifted cocoa, the knife crumbled chocolate bar, the egg yolk only, and the sugar into the bowl with milk and bread. Mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Set aside some pine nuts that will be used for decoration, add the others to the bowl.
- Peel and clean the apple, cut it into cubes and pour it into the bowl.
- Melt the butter and add it to the dough. Mix well.
- Now whisk the egg white with an electric whisk, add it to the other ingredients and mix gently so as not to dismantle it.
- Take a mold for cakes, preferably those with a hinge , and grease it on the walls with oil as well. Pour the breadcrumbs inside and turn the pan so that it covers the inside of the entire mold. Eliminate the excess.
- Pour the mixture into the mold and spread the pine nuts set aside on the surface.
- Bake for 70-90 minutes . Times vary depending on how liquid the dough has become. Do the toothpick test, but remember that the peasant cake is still moist inside, so adjust accordingly.
- Remove from the oven and, before removing it from the pan, allow it to cool completely. You can sprinkle with icing sugar or pour honey on it.
Never throw away the leftover bread, it can be used for many dishes. Here are some recipes with stale bread .
The Brianza bread cake is in fact typical of these areas despite having expanded along the entire boot, it can be kept out of the fridge for about 4 days , away from sources of light or heat and under a special glass bell for sweets.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Reassuring and decisive, military green is a trendy nuance again this winter: here's how it goes, even crazy! Bold, determined,...
Purple potatoes must absolutely be included in the diet: here are the reasons
If you've never tried them, purple potatoes taste really great. Not only that, they also bring many benefits to the...
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe
Bucatini alla Caruso are a simple first course prepared with genuine ingredients typical of the Campania region. Here is the...
Mousseline cream, a pride of French pastry
Similar to custard, mousseline cream is enriched with a fair amount of butter. Here is the recipe. France is famous...
Bach flowers: a natural remedy for colds and flu
Bach flowers are valid natural remedies for colds and flu: let's see which ones to use against these diseases. Like...
Recipes1 week ago
How to make mascarpone cream: the classic recipe and with the Thermomix!
Recipes5 days ago
Reinforcement salad: a Christmas dish of the Neapolitan tradition
Recipes1 week ago
For Sunday lunch, here are the artichoke crêpes
Recipes1 week ago
Baked hake with cherry tomatoes and olives: recipe for a tasty second course