Crunchy on the outside, creamy on the inside, the vegan fried cream is perfect both as an appetizer and as a dessert. Let's find out together how to reinterpret the recipe.
Fried cream is a typical dish of different areas of Italy . In Emilia Romagna and the Marches it is eaten as an appetizer , together with fried meat and stuffed olives, while in the Veneto region it is served as a dessert . Vegan fried cream, just like the traditional one, can be served on both occasions.
You will be amazed by the creaminess enclosed in a crunchy breading , by its sweet and aromatic taste, but also by the simplicity of the preparation of these vegan desserts. The fried cream, in fact, is nothing more than a vegan custard , rolled out and hardened before being fried. In short, nothing complicated, just an adaptation of the recipe to make this dish perfect even for those who follow a vegan diet.
How to prepare the vegan fried cream recipe
- Put the cornstarch , turmeric , vanilla bean seeds and sugar in a saucepan .
- Slowly add the soy milk , mixing with a whisk to prevent lumps from forming.
- Transfer everything to the heat and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 1 or 2 minutes from the boil . You will notice that the mixture will begin to thicken.
- While still hot, transfer it to a tray lined with cling film , forming a layer of about one and a half centimeters.
- Let it cool completely, then transfer it to the refrigerator overnight .
- The following day, cut small squares of cream, which will now be solid. Prepare a batter with flour and water and dip your cubes.
- Then roll them in breadcrumbs before frying them in hot oil. Drain them with a slotted spoon and leave them on absorbent paper for a few moments before serving the fried cream with a sprinkling of icing sugar .
The fried cream, also in the vegan version, is good fresh and recently ready. If you can't finish these delicious ingots, however, you can keep it for a day in the refrigerator , well covered in transparent film or inside a container with an airtight lid. We do not recommend freezing.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Torta Bertolda, the country dessert of Lombardy
The Bertolda cake is the recipe to make at home if you don't know which dessert to prepare for breakfast....
How to marinate lamb
Here's how to marinate lamb: a very ancient technique that serves to enhance the flavors of the meat and keep...
Baked rice and cabbage pie: a delicious (and gluten-free) single dish
The rice and cabbage pie is a tasty and inviting single dish, here are all the (very easy) steps to...
Water apple cake
Recipe and tips for preparing a perfect water apple pie: taste and lightness in every bite. It is a real...