Krumiri biscuits are traditional sweets, perfect for breakfast or for tea, here’s how to make them easily at home.
Krumiri biscuits are Piedmontese sweets, and in particular from Casale Monferrato. It is one of the few classic recipes whose author is known: Domenico Rossi . The original recipe is still a secret today, but it is not difficult to make very similar ones at home. They are simple and will be appreciated by the whole family or your guests.
Preparation of krumiri with the original recipe (or almost)
- Leave the butter to soften out of the refrigerator at least an hour beforehand.
- Pour it into a bowl and mix it with the icing sugar. You need to get a creamy consistency.
- Add the egg yolks to the butter and mix well until you have a creamy and homogeneous consistency again.
- With a knife cut the vanilla pod and open it to book. With the same knife scrape it in order to recover the seeds. Pour them into the bowl and also add the well sifted flour.
- Knead until you have a soft and homogeneous ball.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. It will also have to go to the refrigerator . If you have size problems, you could use trays with parchment paper, which you can carefully transfer to the pan later.
- Put the dough in a pastry bag with a wide nozzle, and form the classic angled salami typical of Krumiri. You can use a bag with a star nozzle, or you can form strips on the cookies with the prongs of a fork.
- Let them rest in the refrigerator for at least an hour , if you have time even longer. For the original recipe some pastry chefs even speak of 24 hours!
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C and cook for 20-25 minutes . They are ready when they have taken on a beautiful golden color.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool completely before handling them.
We recommend storing typical biscuits for a maximum of one week in a tin or food container.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...