The addition of tomato sauce makes the ricotta and spinach crepes with sauce even better than the traditional ones, try it to believe it.
The so-called lean filling is one of the most popular, thanks to the fact that it is also suitable for those who follow a vegetarian diet . Mainly used for ravioli, it is also excellent for filling crepes. So today we offer you the recipe for ricotta and spinach crepes with sauce, a perfect first course for Sundays with family or friends that lends itself well to being prepared in advance .
It's true, the preparation is quite long since we have to cook the crepes and prepare the filling, but we can guarantee you that the effort will be amply rewarded. The recipe also includes a small amount of béchamel which you can decide to prepare yourself with our recipe or buy ready-made.
How to prepare the recipe for ricotta and spinach crepes with tomato sauce
- First, cook the spinach . Put them in a pan without adding seasoning, cover with the lid and let them dry for 5 minutes . Then transfer them to a colander and squeeze them well. Then chop them with a knife.
- Still in the same pan, melt the butter with the garlic clove, then add the spinach. Season them for a few minutes and season with salt.
- Mix the spinach, ricotta, Parmesan and a little nutmeg in a bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile prepare the crepes . Break the eggs into a bowl, add the milk then the flour and salt, mixing everything with a whisk.
- Heat a non-stick pan of 20-22 cm in diameter and lightly butter it, then pour a scant ladle of batter. Holding it by the handle, swirl it so that the batter is distributed in an even layer.
- As soon as the edges begin to lift, turn them gently with the help of a spatula. Stack them on a plate as they are ready.
- In a separate bowl, season the tomato puree with a pinch of salt, a pinch of garlic powder, a drizzle of oil and a little basil or oregano if you like.
- Now all that remains is to assemble the pan: spread a few spoonfuls of béchamel on the bottom of a baking dish, then fill the crepes with a generous spoonful of filling. You can fold them in four, in a crescent shape or create cannelloni.
- Arrange them in the baking dish, cover them with the remaining béchamel sauce and then with the tomato sauce. A final sprinkling of Parmesan and they are ready to go in the oven at 180°C for 15 minutes.
The ricotta and spinach crepes can be kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 days , well covered in plastic wrap. You can also freeze them for 2-3 months . Either way, the best way to reheat them is in the oven or microwave.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
What is special about Bruno Barbieri’s carbonara?
Bruno Barbieri's recipe for carbonara causes discussion, perhaps more for the name than for the taste. Try this particular take...
Antibiotic resistance: how to spot it and what to do
Resistance to antibiotics: causes, consequences and possible remedies to be able to try to solve the problem. Are you concerned...
Let’s find out how to prepare excellent cannelloni stuffed with meat
Meat cannelloni are an excellent first course, ideal for Sundays. Let's see together how to prepare them! Meat cannelloni are...
Reinforcement salad: a traditional Neapolitan Christmas dish
The reinforcement salad is a side dish based on papacelle, cauliflower, olives and spring onions: one of the most popular...
Don’t throw away the vegetable peels: turn them into crunchy chips!
Making baked vegetable peel chips is a great way to reduce waste in the kitchen. Here's which vegetables to use...
Fashion7 days ago
Black Friday fashion: between advances, fast shopping and discounted luxury purchases
Food1 week ago
Topinambur: the properties and contraindications of the Jerusalem artichoke
Fashion1 week ago
The super mini skirt in the shape of a belt: the model designed by Diesel could become a trend thanks to Dua Lipa
Recipes7 days ago
How to make risotto pasta in a pan: have you ever tasted it?