The latteruolo romagnolo is a typical Italian dessert, belonging to a long tradition and easy to make, thanks to a simple milk-based recipe.
The preparation of the latteruolo emerges from the repertoire of Italian pastry. This is a typical Romagna dessert, linked to the tradition of this area and also known as casadello. Passed down from generation to generation, in the past it was made by the peasant population. The dessert was offered as a gift to their master by the peasants, on the occasion of the feast of Corpus Domini . Over time, the fame of this typical dish has diminished, but it is so tasty that it cannot be totally forgotten. The same gastronome Pellegrino Artusi has included the original recipe of “Latarol” in his work.
Preparation of the recipe for the latteruolo
- Start with crazy dough. To create it, heat the water in a saucepan.
- Pour the sifted flour onto a work surface . Dig a dimple in its center and pour in the warm water and salt.
- Knead until you get a homogeneous and malleable dough. Wrap it in plastic wrap and let it rest for about 1 hour .
- Meanwhile, pour the condensed milk into a saucepan. Add the vanilla seeds and lemon peel.
- Heat everything on the stove over medium heat. When it comes to a boil, continue cooking over low heat for 1 hour .
- After this time, separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- In a bowl, pour the egg yolks and add the sugar. Work the mixture.
- Add the warm milk, filtering it (to remove the lemon peel) and mix again.
- Separately , beat the egg whites until stiff . Then, add them to the mixture and incorporate them with a spatula.
- Take the crazy dough and roll it out to form a thin and circular sheet.
- Grease the surface of a cake pan ( hinged ) and line it with the pastry.
- Pour the liquid mixture into it.
- Bake in the oven at 180 ° C for 30 minutes . When finished, let it cool for more than 1 hour, before decorating with icing sugar and serve.
This traditional Romagna dessert is a tasty rediscovery. Simple and fresh, it will surely be snapped up at the table. If a certain amount is left over, keep it in the fridge for 2-3 days , closed in an airtight container.
With the same smooth texture and fresh flavor, Basque cheesecake is also a must-have dessert!
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Carnival chiacchiere: the traditional video recipe
The recipe for Carnival chiacchiere is simple and delicious: let's see how to prepare the most loved dessert of this...
How to make mustard: the classic recipe and its variations
Perfect for flavoring salads and meats: what are the varieties of mustard and the classic recipe for preparing it at...
Nike+Tiffany together again, the most awaited sporty chic collab of the year: when and where to buy them
The "legendary" collaboration between Nike and Tiffany who once again create a pair of sneakers, the most exclusive of the...
Grated apple pie with a moist and very soft dough!
The grated apple cake is a tasty version of the classic dessert, easy to make and very soft, because the...
Vomiting of the newborn: how to behave and what it can indicate
Newborn vomiting is always a cause for alarm. Let's try to understand it better and understand how to act and...
Fashion1 week ago
Not only in winter, tartan will also be worn in summer: the trend on the s/s 2023 catwalks
Fashion1 week ago
Ankle boots that have no age: the iconic Dr Martens are super trendy even in 2023
Recipes1 week ago
How do you make perfect baked potatoes (soft inside and crispy outside)? The infallible video recipe
Recipes1 week ago
Fried Friars, a Carnival sweet whose paternity is disputed