The latteruolo romagnolo is a typical Italian dessert, belonging to a long tradition and easy to make, thanks to a simple milk-based recipe.
The preparation of the latteruolo emerges from the repertoire of Italian pastry. This is a typical Romagna dessert, linked to the tradition of this area and also known as casadello. Passed down from generation to generation, in the past it was made by the peasant population. The dessert was offered as a gift to their master by the peasants, on the occasion of the feast of Corpus Domini . Over time, the fame of this typical dish has diminished, but it is so tasty that it cannot be totally forgotten. The same gastronome Pellegrino Artusi has included the original recipe of “Latarol” in his work.
Preparation of the recipe for the latteruolo
- Start with crazy dough. To create it, heat the water in a saucepan.
- Pour the sifted flour onto a work surface . Dig a dimple in its center and pour in the warm water and salt.
- Knead until you get a homogeneous and malleable dough. Wrap it in plastic wrap and let it rest for about 1 hour .
- Meanwhile, pour the condensed milk into a saucepan. Add the vanilla seeds and lemon peel.
- Heat everything on the stove over medium heat. When it comes to a boil, continue cooking over low heat for 1 hour .
- After this time, separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- In a bowl, pour the egg yolks and add the sugar. Work the mixture.
- Add the warm milk, filtering it (to remove the lemon peel) and mix again.
- Separately , beat the egg whites until stiff . Then, add them to the mixture and incorporate them with a spatula.
- Take the crazy dough and roll it out to form a thin and circular sheet.
- Grease the surface of a cake pan ( hinged ) and line it with the pastry.
- Pour the liquid mixture into it.
- Bake in the oven at 180 ° C for 30 minutes . When finished, let it cool for more than 1 hour, before decorating with icing sugar and serve.
This traditional Romagna dessert is a tasty rediscovery. Simple and fresh, it will surely be snapped up at the table. If a certain amount is left over, keep it in the fridge for 2-3 days , closed in an airtight container.
With the same smooth texture and fresh flavor, Basque cheesecake is also a must-have dessert!
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...