Making mug cake, also known as microwave mug cake, is child's play. Ready in 10 minutes, here's the recipe!
Suddenly craving for dessert? The solution in these cases is the mug cake! The peculiarity of this cake lies in the fact that it is prepared in a few minutes and directly inside a cup.
The original recipe was born in the USA, precisely to take advantage of the microwave oven: in fact, it will only take you a few minutes – less than 10! – to mix all the ingredients (directly inside the cup), cook in the microwave and savor your treat.
However, no one forbids you from cooking the cake in the traditional oven, but in this case you must consider that it will certainly take 10-12 more minutes . Also remember that you must check that the cup is suitable for cooking in the oven, otherwise it could burst.
Try these cakes for breakfast or for a delicious last-minute snack: let's see all the preparation steps right away!
Preparing the cup cake
- First, vigorously mix the egg with the sugar with a whisk, in order to obtain a frothy mixture.
- In a second bowl, combine the sifted powders (flour, bitter cocoa and baking powder) and mix with a spoon.
- Add the powders to the egg and sugar mixture, stirring vigorously with a whisk, gradually add the milk and oil until you obtain a clear and homogeneous mixture.
- Transfer the mixture into a cup or mug, add a handful of chocolate chips and put it in the microwave oven and cook at 800 watts for 3 minutes . Cover with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out and smearing the whole oven.
- When cooked, remove the cake from the oven, being careful not to burn yourself . Add a few more drops of chocolate (optional) to taste and serve. To be consumed immediately!
Another recipe to try? Here are 13 quick desserts !
Conservation and variations of the mug cake
It is preferable to consume the cake prepared in this way immediately after cooking as it becomes hard very quickly .
If you don't have a microwave oven at home, you can easily prepare this cake in the classic oven, cooking it at 180°C for 15 minutes .
Obviously this is a basic recipe that you can rework as you like with other ingredients. Instead of cocoa powder, for example, you can use a spoonful of Nutella or chocolate chips.
Of course, make sure your mug has no decorations , otherwise it won't go in the microwave!
Now you just have to discover all ourrecipes with the microwave !
If you liked the cup cake recipe, discover the video of the preparation .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Torta Bertolda, the country dessert of Lombardy
The Bertolda cake is the recipe to make at home if you don't know which dessert to prepare for breakfast....
How to marinate lamb
Here's how to marinate lamb: a very ancient technique that serves to enhance the flavors of the meat and keep...
Baked rice and cabbage pie: a delicious (and gluten-free) single dish
The rice and cabbage pie is a tasty and inviting single dish, here are all the (very easy) steps to...
Water apple cake
Recipe and tips for preparing a perfect water apple pie: taste and lightness in every bite. It is a real...