Unmissable at this time of year, here is the quick recipe for Carnival cenci, the typical desserts of Tuscany.
Their name changes depending on the Italian region, but the basic easy recipe remains the same. We are talking about the renowned chiacchiere, which absolutely cannot be missing from your Carnival desserts. In Tuscany , they are called cenci fritti, made with a very elastic dough and covered with lots of icing sugar. Making them at home is very easy and you only need a few ingredients. In just a few steps, you can have delicious Carnival rags with white wine, so mouth-watering!
Put on your apron and let's go !
Preparation of the recipe for Carnival rags
- Pour the eggs and sugar into a bowl and whip them with electric whisks.
- On a pastry board, pour the flour (sifted) into a fountain. Make a well in the center and add the baking powder.
- Add the beaten eggs, white wine, grated lemon zest and a pinch of salt.
- Mix the ingredients, kneading with your hands.
- Cut the butter (at room temperature) into cubes and add it to the mixture.
- When you obtain a homogeneous and elastic dough, cover it with a cloth and let it rest for 30 minutes .
- Next, flour a work surface and begin rolling out the dough with a rolling pin.
- Once you have obtained a very thin and rectangular sheet of dough, fold it on itself (in two) and roll it out again to thin it.
- Repeat this action 4 times . Finally, you must obtain a sheet of approximately 2 mm thick . These are the secrets to having beautifully puffy Carnival rags.
- With a serrated wheel, cut out many small rectangles (of various sizes) from this dough. Make a cut in the center of them.
- Fill a pan with oil and place it on the heat to heat it. To have perfect frying, fry 4 sweets at a time (no more). When one side is perfectly golden, flip them over and brown the other. Remove them before they can darken.
- When they are cooked, drain them and place them on a tray covered with absorbent paper. When they are warm, cover with icing sugar and serve.
To make this recipe lighter, prepare the baked Tuscan Carnival cenci. After cutting the dough into rectangles, place them on a baking tray covered with baking paper. Cook in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20 minutes .
Serve Tuscan sweet cenci at Carnival banquets and delight everyone with this simple preparation. You can store them in a tin box for 1 week .
Another spectacular and tasty idea is the recipe for sweet Carnival masks !
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Let’s prepare lardiated broken ziti, a symbol of Campania cuisine
If you are looking for a tasty first course, don't miss this recipe from Campania: ziti lardiati! Pasta first courses...
Ideas for a light dinner? Here are light recipes and tips for tasty dishes
For a tasty light dinner you don't need much effort: just play carefully with the ingredients you have at home...
Light and tasty, the sliced chicken breast is the perfect second course
Preparing the sliced chicken breast is really simple and in no time at all you will have a quick and...
Vegetarian cabbage rolls
Vegetarian cabbage rolls: a delicious second course based on ricotta and rice. Try them also as a main dish! Who...