Tofu curry: a versatile dish with exotic flavours, very easy to make and with a thousand flavor variations.
An excellent source of vegetable proteins, tofu is a widespread preparation in the East and increasingly popular in Italy too. The tofu curry recipe has different variations , based on the ingredients used and the level of spiciness and intensity you desire. The more liquid versions are much loved, which recall the exotic flavors of the classic stew flavored with the mixture of spices , ideally accompanied with basmati rice or Indian bread. At the same time, the dry ones are appreciated, in which the tofu becomes crunchy.
Below you will find out how to prepare tofu curry quickly and easily, as well as some useful tips for customizing the recipe according to your personal preferences.
Preparing tofu curry
- To make curry tofu, you must first cut the shallot into very thin slices, and then proceed to cut the tofu into cubes of about 1 centimeter on each side.
- Pour a couple of tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil into a very large non-stick pan, turning the heat on medium.
- Brown the shallots, the whole garlic without the core and the piece of ginger root.
- As soon as the shallots are golden, remove the garlic and ginger and add the diced tofu.
- Let the tofu brown and pour in the curry, adding the coconut milk (or water).
- After about 10 minutes , season with salt and pepper and serve garnished with parsley, coriander or other fresh aromatic herbs to taste.
As mentioned previously, we recommend pairing it with basmati rice .
Variations of the vegan dish
For a stronger flavour, if you have time, you can marinate the diced tofu in advance in a mix of curry, powdered ginger, turmeric and other spices, creating a sort of dry marinade. If you prefer crunchier tofu, you can reduce the amount of coconut milk and let the liquid dry completely.
To best preserve any leftover portion of this tasty version of tofu you can use a suitable container, placing it in the refrigerator for no more than a couple of days .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Let’s prepare lardiated broken ziti, a symbol of Campania cuisine
If you are looking for a tasty first course, don't miss this recipe from Campania: ziti lardiati! Pasta first courses...
Ideas for a light dinner? Here are light recipes and tips for tasty dishes
For a tasty light dinner you don't need much effort: just play carefully with the ingredients you have at home...
Light and tasty, the sliced chicken breast is the perfect second course
Preparing the sliced chicken breast is really simple and in no time at all you will have a quick and...
Vegetarian cabbage rolls
Vegetarian cabbage rolls: a delicious second course based on ricotta and rice. Try them also as a main dish! Who...