Let's see together how to prepare the Torta Pasqualina with artichokes with the perfect recipe, even in the integral variant.
The Pasqualina cake with artichokes is a typical product of Liguria. The preparation is similar to the classic spinach and chard recipe , with an egg and ricotta filling with an intense marjoram scent. As the name suggests, Genoese artichoke cake is usually made for Easter , so it is no coincidence that it is a vegetarian savory pie.
There are different currents of thought regarding the external casing of the Pasqualina cake with artichokes and ricotta. Some people use crazy pasta , others shortcrust pastry while still others prefer puff pastry (even ready-made to save time). We have chosen mad pasta, simple to prepare and easy to roll out. Ready to get to work?
How to prepare the artichoke Easter cake recipe
- Combine the flour in a bowl and make a hole in the centre. Then add the oil and salt and start mixing with a spoon, slowly adding the water at room temperature. Once it's compacted, finish working on the pastry board, until you get a smooth and homogeneous brick .
- Clean the artichokes by removing the outermost layer of the leaves, the tips and the stem. Wash them under running water then cut them into rather thin slices.
- Finely chop the onion and brown it in a pan with the oil, then add the artichokes, a pinch of salt and a few tablespoons of water. Cook them for 20 minutes .
- Now all that remains is to prepare the filling. Mix the ricotta with two eggs, the Parmesan and the marjoram. Add the artichokes and keep aside.
- Divide the brick of mad dough into two parts and roll out the first one until it reaches a thickness of a couple of millimeters. Transfer it to a 24-26 cm diameter pan .
- Pour in the filling, level it then make four holes using the back of a spoon. Break the eggs in the center of each.
- Roll out the remaining pastry, cover and seal the edges well.
- Bake the Genoese cake Pasqualina with artichokes at 180°C for 40 minutes then let it cool down before serving.
You can also make the whole Easter cake with artichokes by replacing half of the flour required by the recipe with wholemeal flour. The result will be a rustic with a perfect flavor. Also, if you liked this recipe, try our Easter appetizers too.
The Pasqualina cake with artichokes can be kept out of the fridge for a day, while in the fridge it can be kept well for 2-3 days . However, we advise you to consume it at room temperature.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Torta Bertolda, the country dessert of Lombardy
The Bertolda cake is the recipe to make at home if you don't know which dessert to prepare for breakfast....
How to marinate lamb
Here's how to marinate lamb: a very ancient technique that serves to enhance the flavors of the meat and keep...
Baked rice and cabbage pie: a delicious (and gluten-free) single dish
The rice and cabbage pie is a tasty and inviting single dish, here are all the (very easy) steps to...
Water apple cake
Recipe and tips for preparing a perfect water apple pie: taste and lightness in every bite. It is a real...