Trapani-style pasta is a tasty first course based on Sicilian pesto with almonds. A tasty recipe that is worth trying.
Preparing Trapani-style pasta means giving life to a typical regional recipe known for being among the tastiest . It is in fact a first course based on pasta with Trapani-style pesto which, in turn, is made with a mix of very special ingredients .
In fact, the combination of basil and almonds gives a delicate aroma which is combined with a strong and pleasant flavour. All this, for a simple and highly effective first course.
Preparation of the recipe for pasta alla trapanese
- Start by taking the tomatoes, washing them and blanching them for two or three minutes in a pot full of boiling water in order to soften them. At this point, peel them and cut them into cubes.
- In another pot, do the same with the almonds in order to peel them well.
- Peel the garlic, wash the basil and take a mixer.
- Start releasing the Trapani-style pesto and blend the almonds, tomatoes, peeled garlic and basil together for about 2 minutes.
- Add the pecorino to everything and blend again.
- When the mixture has the appearance of a cream, transfer it into a large bowl and flavor it with oil, salt and pepper.
- Take a saucepan, fill it with water and when it boils, pour in the spaghetti, cooking them for two minutes less than indicated on the package.
- When the spaghetti is ready, drain it and pour it into the bowl with the pesto .
- Mix well in order to season them at best and add a drizzle of oil.
- The first course is finally ready to be served.
This really tasty first course can be kept for 1 or 2 days as long as it is well stored in an airtight container . Before serving, the advice is to sauté it in a pan for a couple of minutes, reviving it with a drizzle of oil.
If you liked this recipe, you might also be interested in spaghetti alla Gennaro !
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Torta Bertolda, the country dessert of Lombardy
The Bertolda cake is the recipe to make at home if you don't know which dessert to prepare for breakfast....
How to marinate lamb
Here's how to marinate lamb: a very ancient technique that serves to enhance the flavors of the meat and keep...
Baked rice and cabbage pie: a delicious (and gluten-free) single dish
The rice and cabbage pie is a tasty and inviting single dish, here are all the (very easy) steps to...
Water apple cake
Recipe and tips for preparing a perfect water apple pie: taste and lightness in every bite. It is a real...