Knam’s mocaccina cake with the original recipe is not very difficult to prepare: this is how we make it.
Maestro Knam’s mocaccina cake is one of those recipes that fascinates from the very first glance that was unveiled by the master chocolatier during an episode of Bake Off Italia. If you want to describe it, it does not seem anything extraordinary, however the combination of cocoa shortcrust pastry, coffee cream and white chocolate ganache returns a truly refined dessert.
Perfect for all occasions, from the most formal to those in the family, the mocaccina cake with the recipe created by Ernst Knam is not too difficult to make. Of course, it will take a little patience and organization but you will soon discover how simple the mocaccina cake is to prepare.
How to prepare the mocaccina cake recipe
- First, prepare the cocoa shortcrust pastry . Combine the butter and 100 grams of sugar in a bowl and mix everything with an electric mixer. Then stir in the 40 grams of eggs and once absorbed, add a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Finally add the flour, salt and cocoa. Finish working the dough by hand and once you have a dough, transfer it to the refrigerator, wrapped in cling film, for an hour.
- In the meantime, dedicate yourself to the custard . In a saucepan, mix the egg yolks with the remaining sugar and corn starch. Pour in the milk, stirring with a whisk, and transfer to the heat, leaving it to cook for about ten minutes, until it thickens. Turn off, add the vanilla extract and set aside.
- Now turn to the dark chocolate ganache . Melt the chopped chocolate with a knife in 110 ml of cream, preferably in a bain-marie to avoid burning it.
- Transfer 250 g of ganache to another bowl and melt the instant coffee then add it to the custard.
- Recover the shortcrust pastry and roll it out until it reaches a thickness of 3 mm then transfer it to a 24 cm diameter pan.
- Fill with the chocolate and coffee cream and cook at 180 ° C for 40 minutes.
- Once cold, prepare the white chocolate ganache by melting it in a double boiler with the remaining cream.
- Once cold, pour it over the cake. Finally, create the spider web decoration using the dark chocolate ganache set aside at the beginning.
What do you think of Knam’s mocaccina cake? We loved it, just like the Giulio cake dedicated to his son.
The mocaccina cake can be kept in the refrigerator for 3-4 days , well covered. We advise you to bring it back to room temperature before consuming it.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...