Vegan Cantonese rice, easier than ever!
For a light dish that everyone gets along with, vegan Cantonese rice is a delicious recipe to bring to the table for lunch or dinner.
Today we're talking about vegan Cantonese rice, a delicate dish that's great for a light dinner or a tasty and nutritious lunch break at the office, rich in vitamins and protein sources. Cantonese rice in the vegan variant is a dish that goes back to the oriental tradition with some variations that follow the vegan rules , with the sole presence of the tasty mix of vegetables.
Unlike the classic recipe, the vegetables present in our procedure will be greater and possible to replace or add alongside other ingredients that can be combined well according to one's tastes. Want to know how to make this quick and easy recipe? Running to the kitchen!
Making Vegan Cantonese Rice Recipe
- Take the tofu and cut it into cubes . Then wash, peel and cut the vegetables into small pieces .
- Rinse the rice under running water and cook in abundant salted water brought to the boil for about 5 minutes .
- Drain the rice still al dente and then continue cooking in a pan for a few minutes together with some cooking water, a spoonful of soy sauce and the tofu.
- Meanwhile, take the previously sliced vegetables and cook them in a pan for 10 minutes together with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil until they soften.
- Every now and then add a few ladles of water to allow cooking.
- When cooked, add the pre-cooked peas for two minutes .
- At this point add the rice and sauté everything for a few more minutes . Season with salt and soy sauce.
- Bring your vegan Cantonese rice to the table… it's ready!
You can enrich this dish with the vegetables you prefer, possibly flavoring with spices and lemon juice.
Serve the rice as soon as it is ready, but if you want to keep it, put it in the fridge for a couple of days and eat it warm if you want!
You might also be interested in the steamed Cantonese rice recipe!
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
WHO advises against the use of sweeteners in diets. Let’s find out why!
The WHO has recently updated the guidelines discouraging the use of non-sugar sweeteners. Let's find out why and what are...
Pasta with courgette flowers
Simple and quick, pasta with courgette flowers is a truly delicious first course. Let's find out together how to prepare...
Here is the recipe for grilled swordfish, a delicious second course full of flavors and aromas. Today we are preparing...
Tricolor first course: tomato and burrata pasta
Tomato and burrata pasta is an ideal recipe to serve as a single dish, especially in summer. That's how simple...
June diet: the fresh and creative choice to lose weight
The June diet is a fresh and summery way to lose weight by eating with gusto. Let's find out which...
Health2 months ago
Picacism: what it is, how to recognize it and what are the risks
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce