Want something exotic? We prepare a colorful vegetable curry with basmati rice, a delight for the palate.
Today we dedicate ourselves to a typical healthy and tasty dish of Indian cuisine: vegetable curry. A delicious dish and not at all complex to make, in its original recipe the vegetable curry is served with rice, and is made with coconut milk. It is usually used as a single dish, and it is fun to be able to play with seasonal vegetables, making small variations depending on the time of year.
A variant – always vegan – also involves the use of legumes. For example, you can cook vegetable curry with chickpeas or lentils. The perfect recipe doesn't actually exist, there is only the recipe that we love most on the palate . Furthermore, the vegetarian and gluten-free vegetable curry is perfect for guests who do not like eating meat and prefer gluten-free foods. Let's go to the kitchen to prepare this delicious typical product.
Preparing the recipe for Indian vegetable curry
- Wash and cut all the vegetables into similar sized cubes , leaving half an onion aside.
- In a large pot, put the olive oil and fry half the chopped onion and garlic until soft.
- Now add the remaining onion, cut into pieces and the diced aubergine, frying for 5 minutes.
- Then add all the other vegetables and drizzle with the coconut milk , mixing well.
- Now add the salt and curry, mixing it with the coconut milk and vegetables. Set the heat to medium-low and cover with a lid.
- From time to time, stir, and if the curry shrinks too much, add a little vegetable broth or water.
- In the meantime, cook the basmati rice in a pan with plenty of water, according to the package instructions and calculating approximately 40 grams of rice per person.
- When all the vegetables are cooked, but still firm and clearly visible, turn off the heat.
- Drain the rice and serve in the same dish.
For the vegetable curry variant with chickpeas, take 250 g and add them when all the other vegetables are added and continue cooking until the ingredients are well stewed.
It is possible to keep the vegetable curry with rice pilaf for 2 or 3 days in the fridge , tightly closed in an airtight container, otherwise it can be frozen for three months, possibly portioning it individually.
Are you a curry lover? Try the chicken curry with basmati rice .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Let’s prepare lardiated broken ziti, a symbol of Campania cuisine
If you are looking for a tasty first course, don't miss this recipe from Campania: ziti lardiati! Pasta first courses...
Ideas for a light dinner? Here are light recipes and tips for tasty dishes
For a tasty light dinner you don't need much effort: just play carefully with the ingredients you have at home...
Light and tasty, the sliced chicken breast is the perfect second course
Preparing the sliced chicken breast is really simple and in no time at all you will have a quick and...
Vegetarian cabbage rolls
Vegetarian cabbage rolls: a delicious second course based on ricotta and rice. Try them also as a main dish! Who...