Never tried a quick and easy recipe like this, that of sweet cantarelle. These are the fantastic Romagna pancakes with corn flour.
When the fame of the beloved American pancakes had not yet exploded, a genuine and tasty version already existed in the Rimini area . That’s right, for some time there has been a traditional Romagna recipe that recalls in many aspects that of the beloved sweet pancakes, now popular all over the world. We are talking about the typical product that takes the name of cantarelle.
It is a “poor” dessert, because it is made with a few simple ingredients. Born from the peasant tradition of Emilia Romagna, its preparation is handed down from generation to generation. Do you want to know how cantarelle are made? Simply create a batter with corn flour, white flour, water, oil and little else. Cooking is similar to that of the well-known pancakes and all you need to do is a pan.
Preparation of the recipe for Cantarelle
- First, focus on the batter. Pour the two types of flour, the white one and the corn flour, into a large bowl. As you do this, remember to sift through each one , so as to make them finer and avoid the appearance of lumps.
- Add the baking soda and a pinch of salt. Mix a little.
- Take the lukewarm water and pour it slowly . Start turning with a hand whisk, to mix the ingredients.
- At this point, add the oil as well.
- Continue to mix vigorously. The result must be a fluid batter but thick enough and without lumps .
- Let the mixture rest for a while. Meanwhile, take a non-stick pan and lightly grease its surface with an oil-soaked napkin.
- Heat the pan on the stove.
- When it is hot, you can proceed to cooking the Romagna pancakes. Take a generous spoonful of batter and slide the mixture onto the bottom of the tool.
- Let the first side cook for about 2-3 minutes . When bubbles appear on the surface, you can use a spatula and turn the pancake.
- Cook the second side as well, for just over a minute . Once ready, transfer it to a tray. Gradually stack them all on top of it.
- After letting it cool, you can garnish this typical dessert, to your liking, and serve it.
The typical recipe of Romagna for cantarelle is offered as a genuine and nutritious snack. Surely, the little ones will adore it and, when stuffed in the right way, it will conquer even the biggest and greedy ones.
If you want to prepare it in advance, you can keep the batter in the fridge , covered with cling film or with a lid, and use it within 24 hours. Similarly, you can keep cooked pancakes in the fridge for 2 days , covered with cling film.
And here is the classic pancake recipe !
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Carnival chiacchiere: the traditional video recipe
The recipe for Carnival chiacchiere is simple and delicious: let's see how to prepare the most loved dessert of this...
How to make mustard: the classic recipe and its variations
Perfect for flavoring salads and meats: what are the varieties of mustard and the classic recipe for preparing it at...
Nike+Tiffany together again, the most awaited sporty chic collab of the year: when and where to buy them
The "legendary" collaboration between Nike and Tiffany who once again create a pair of sneakers, the most exclusive of the...
Grated apple pie with a moist and very soft dough!
The grated apple cake is a tasty version of the classic dessert, easy to make and very soft, because the...
Vomiting of the newborn: how to behave and what it can indicate
Newborn vomiting is always a cause for alarm. Let's try to understand it better and understand how to act and...
Fashion1 week ago
Not only in winter, tartan will also be worn in summer: the trend on the s/s 2023 catwalks
Fashion1 week ago
Ankle boots that have no age: the iconic Dr Martens are super trendy even in 2023
Recipes1 week ago
How do you make perfect baked potatoes (soft inside and crispy outside)? The infallible video recipe
Recipes1 week ago
Fried Friars, a Carnival sweet whose paternity is disputed