The trick to getting fluffy and fluffy Japanese pancakes? Beat the egg whites until stiff but not only. Here’s how to prepare them with the original recipe.
There aren’t too many ways to define Japanese pancakes other than fluffy . This Italianized term to make the English concept of fluffy , that is soft but at the same time frothy , describes this dessert to perfection.
Once they arrived in Italy from Japan via the United States, social media, in particular Instagram , consecrated them. In fact, it is here that we saw the first attempts at imitation that led to various versions, all united by the presence of whipped egg whites which is the substantial difference between classic and Japanese pancakes.
How to make tall Japanese pancakes
- First, divide the egg whites from the yolks.
- Beat the egg whites with an electric whisk until stiff peaks, adding the sugar a little at a time, letting it fall from the edge of the container.
- Then mix the egg yolks , one at a time, mixing with a wooden spoon, from bottom to top to avoid disassembling the mixture.
- Always stirring, add the milk and the sifted flour with the baking powder , a little at a time.
- Heat a non-stick pan and grease it lightly with butter .
- Pour a ladle of dough to form a layer of at least 3 cm : in this way you will obtain the characteristic fluffy consistency typical of Japanese pancakes. Help yourself with a pastry cutter if necessary.
- When bubbles begin to form on the surface, turn the pancakes with the help of a kitchen spatula and continue cooking for another couple of minutes.
- Arrange the pancakes on a plate and complete with maple syrup and powdered sugar. Serve hot.
If you liked the Japanese pancake recipe, check out the video of the preparation .
Fluffy pancakes are perfect for the little ones’ breakfast or snack. But be careful not to confuse them with dorayaki , pancakes filled with red bean jam! If you are more traditional , instead, here are the Nutella pancakes .
We advise you to consume them immediately after preparation and not to wait too long: over time they will tend to “deflate”.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...