Bruno Barbieri's recipe for carbonara causes discussion, perhaps more for the name than for the taste. Try this particular take on it.
When it comes to pasta carbonara, or other cornerstones of Italian cuisine, the risk of making a false step is always lurking. No modifications or variations are allowed, on pain of a horde of unleashed purists. However, if a great chef does it, the question is different, as in the case of Bruno Barbieri's carbonara.
Don't be indignant with us, he himself shares the recipe for this reinterpretation of carbonara on the blog , which includes several unusual ingredients such as stracchino, milk and cognac. Not to mention the fact that it also uses bacon and not just guanciale as well as adding onion. All right, said so it has nothing of the original recipe. We advise you to try it and decide what to call it only later.
How to prepare Bruno Barbieri's carbonara recipe
- First, peel the onion and chop it with a knife. Brown it in a pan with the butter.
- Then add the pancetta and guanciale cut into sticks and brown well before deglazing with the cognac, letting go until the smell of alcohol has disappeared.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta in plenty of salted water for the time indicated on the package.
- Prepare the cream that will be used for the dressing by blending the milk, stracchino and eggs with a food processor, then set aside.
- Once the pasta is ready, toss it in the pan with bacon and bacon, add the egg and cheese cream and mix.
- Transfer everything into a buttered baking dish , cover with the Parmesan and distribute a few knobs of butter here and there.
- Grill for 2 minutes , just long enough to brown the surface, and serve, completing with a sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper.
What do you think of this recipe? Is the classic carbonara better?
Enjoy this freshly made dish. In fact, it is not advisable to keep it in the fridge or prepare it in advance because it would lose its creaminess.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Let’s prepare lardiated broken ziti, a symbol of Campania cuisine
If you are looking for a tasty first course, don't miss this recipe from Campania: ziti lardiati! Pasta first courses...
Ideas for a light dinner? Here are light recipes and tips for tasty dishes
For a tasty light dinner you don't need much effort: just play carefully with the ingredients you have at home...
Light and tasty, the sliced chicken breast is the perfect second course
Preparing the sliced chicken breast is really simple and in no time at all you will have a quick and...
Vegetarian cabbage rolls
Vegetarian cabbage rolls: a delicious second course based on ricotta and rice. Try them also as a main dish! Who...