The wild boar ragù is a tasty condiment, prepared according to the Tuscan culinary tradition and perfect for your first pasta dishes.
Maremma-style wild boar ragù is a typical Tuscan recipe – areas rich in those animals -, as well as a rustic and very tasty condiment, thanks to the use of a much appreciated and delicious meat. It is very important to treat the meat correctly so as not to compromise the final result, and for this reason today we will also see a very important phase, that of marinating, also explaining which pasta goes best with this sauce.
In this way the meat will take on a crazy flavor , and the next day when you go to prepare the sauce you will be intoxicated by the scents of tradition. How about, let's start cooking right away ? Then follow us to the kitchen and let's get started!
Preparation of the Tuscan wild boar ragù recipe
- Clean the celery, carrot and onion for the preparation of the wild boar marinade. Cut the herbs into coarse pieces, then place the chopped wild boar meat in a large baking dish, adding spices of your choice (such as cloves).
- Mix well and add the wine . Cover with cling film and let it rest in the refrigerator at least overnight, in any case not less than 12 hours (and up to a maximum of 24). After the time for marinating the meat, the next day you will be ready to prepare the ragù!
- First, chop celery, carrot and onion and brown them in a large saucepan with a base of olive oil , let it dry well then cut the meat well drained from the marinade into small pieces, then add it to the rest.
- Brown the meat on both sides then lower the heat and cook for about ten minutes.
- Cover with the chopped tomato pulp, salt, pepper and cook until the meat is well cooked, so… at least for 2/3 hours! You got it right, the secret to a good sauce is patience.
If you want to know more about marinating, the guide we have created is for you!
How to make white boar ragù
If you prefer, you can prepare a game ragù without tomato, delicious and perfect for those who love the strongest flavors.
- The preparation is very simple, and even here you can marinate the meat the day before if you want.
- Once done it goes in a casserole with celery, carrot and onion and olive oil. If the chosen meat is very lean, at this stage you can also refine the sauce with sausage or bacon .
- Also add some herbs if you like them, such as rosemary, bay leaf or parsley stalks.
- When the vegetables are wilted , put the meat into small pieces, deglaze with the wine and then cook for a long time keeping the wild boar soft with water or broth. Et voilà, the ragù is ready!
Pappardelle with wild boar: the perfect pasta
What wild boar sauce would it be without the right pasta? Well, if you didn't know, the Tuscan ragù is perfect with egg pasta, as its wild flavor goes perfectly with the porous texture of the egg pastry. Of course, you can choose the type you prefer, but if you want some advice in line with tradition, use the pappardelle !
The combination of these two ingredients gives life to one of the most delicious dishes in all of Tuscany, and preparing it is very simple: cook the pasta al dente, and once ready stir in a pan with the meat sauce, a ladle of cooking water and if you like, a spoonful of grated cheese to tie everything together. What a delicacy!
If the smell of the wild boar seems excessive, you can do another operation before marinating. Clean the meat well under running cold water, drain it well and put it in a large bowl. Cover with cold water, add a pinch of salt and let it rest for at least 3 hours. Repeat this until the water remains clear. Then continue with the recipe.
Speaking of marinating: it is essential for meats such as wild boar, as it relieves that wild taste.
You can keep your wild boar sauce in the refrigerator, in an airtight container , for 1-2 days. Alternatively, you can also freeze it in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Map of pimples: each area of the face corresponds to an organ
What is the pimple map for? Let's find out together and see which organs the areas of the face are...
How to toast pumpkin seeds: the video recipe to prepare a healthy and crunchy snack
Roasted pumpkin seeds: quick and easy recipe to prepare a tasty snack at home to nibble on at any time...
The most popular s/s 2023 collections by Valentino and Dior, followed by Balmain and Givenchy: the most beautiful inspo looks
The spring/summer 2023 fashion shows sum up: the ranking of the most popular according to Spotlight Dreamy, captivating, sensual, the...
What is ADHD, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
ADHD: what it is, causes, symptoms and everything you need to know about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity...
Gnocchi alla bava, the super stringy recipe
Gnocchi alla bava are a very quick first course to prepare, but above all they are incredibly tasty: you will...
Fashion6 days ago
Black Friday fashion: between advances, fast shopping and discounted luxury purchases
Food1 week ago
Topinambur: the properties and contraindications of the Jerusalem artichoke
Fashion7 days ago
The super mini skirt in the shape of a belt: the model designed by Diesel could become a trend thanks to Dua Lipa
Recipes6 days ago
How to make risotto pasta in a pan: have you ever tasted it?