With Carnival just around the corner, it’s time to prepare potato donuts
Soft, light and delicious, potato donuts are one of the best Carnival recipes you can prepare.
Carnival sweets are fried par excellence and these potato donuts are certainly no exception. We will also reveal some tricks to cook them in the oven while keeping them soft and spongy, but we warn you: fried are another story. Then, once passed in sugar , these potato donuts will make young and old happy.
It is customary to prepare fried donuts with potatoes because boiled potatoes , added to the dough, give consistency without adding weight. On the other hand, it is certainly not the only recipe in which they are included. Just take care to add them cold and, following our instructions, you will get really amazing sweet potato donuts!
How to make potato donuts: the recipe
- Start by boiling the potatoes in plenty of salted water until tender to the core. Depending on the size it will take 30 to 40 minutes .
- Remove the peel and mash them while still hot so as not to work too hard and transfer them to a plate.
- In a glass, dissolve the yeast in the warm milk while separately, on the work surface or in a bowl, sift the flour .
- Add the mashed potatoes , soft butter , sugar , egg and milk and mix first with a fork and then by hand. You'll have to get a smooth and elastic brick.
- Then put it to rise in a bowl, covered with plastic wrap or with a cloth, in the oven off with the light on until it has doubled in volume. It will take approximately 2 hours .
- After the first leavening, remove some portions of dough of the size you prefer, give them the shape of a loaf by working them with your hands then close it into a donut , pressing well.
- As they are ready, put them to rise on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper until they have doubled in size. Also in this case the best choice is the oven off with the light on.
- At this point you just have to heat the seed oil up to 170°C and fry the donuts, a few minutes on each side and a few at a time, until they are golden brown on both sides.
- Drain them with a slotted spoon , pat them dry with paper towels: the recipe calls for them to be "dipped" while still hot in sugar, but if you don't like it, avoid this last step. Serve hot.
The variant: baked potato donuts
The procedure is completely similar to the fried version, including the two leavenings. When they are well swollen, however, cook them at 180°C for 15-20 minutes depending on the size. The baked potato donuts are ready when they are golden brown.
To best enjoy potato donuts, it is advisable to consume them immediately. Alternatively they can be stored for 1-2 days in the refrigerator, in an airtight container. You can use the oven to warm them up.
READ ALSO: The best Carnival desserts of the Italian tradition
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Dark elbows? Here are some simple and immediate natural remedies
Dark elbows are a really common problem. Let's find out how to solve it with natural remedies. That of dark...
Let’s discover a typical dish of Lazio cuisine: pan-fried Roman saltimbocca (with photos and videos)
If you don't know how to make saltimbocca alla romana, now is the time to fix it: here is the...
How to adopt a natural skin care routine for healthy skin?
The skin is the largest organ of the human body, covering an average of 15% of the body weight of...
Simple and creamy, here’s how to prepare pasta with cream and zucchini
Among the first courses with zucchini that you absolutely must try is pasta with cream and zucchini, a little old-fashioned...
Strawberries in pregnancy: what you need to know about their consumption
One of the most common questions involving pregnant women is about the consumption of strawberries during pregnancy. Let's find out,...
Health2 months ago
Picacism: what it is, how to recognize it and what are the risks
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce