Do you have a lot of basil and don’t know how to use it? There is no need to throw it away or prepare tons of pesto … basil cubes are the solution!
Two steps: blend and place in the freezer. Here is the time it will take to preserve one of the most popular plants of all in Mediterranean cuisine. Our basil cubes are very easy to make, there are no tricks, in a very short time you will be able to preserve the basil using one of the most respectful methods of the plant that does not alter the taste of the same in any way.
Are you curious? Let’s take a closer look at the procedure for freezing basil and then, if you are still not satisfied, we can always give you some other advice on preserving the aromatic plant .
Preparation of the basil cubes
- First of all wash the basil leaves thoroughly and carefully remove them from the stem.
- Once cleaned with cold running water, dab them with a cloth and dry them completely
- Finely chop the basil with a crescent or blend it all together with a blender.
- Add a little extra virgin olive oil so that it blends well.
- Now take the container for the ice cubes from the frezeer and distribute the mixture obtained inside
- Put in the freezer for a few hours and use it as needed, or once frozen, remove your nuggets and always keep them in the freezer in a frost bag .
Primo Chef’s advice
Of fundamental importance for the success of your cubes is always to use fresh and freshly picked basil, as well as high quality EVO oil. If you want a more rustic result in our opinion you must absolutely chop the leaves with a knife (or crescent) and then set the mixture with the oil.
If this technique isn’t for you, there are so many other basil preservation methods that can’t wait to be discovered!
Frozen in this way, the basil cubes can also be kept for 3-4 weeks .