Among the various delicious recipes belonging to the Tuscan repertoire, there is that of the red crostini alla Chiantigiana. Here is the original recipe for this particular appetizer.
If you are looking for ideas for delicious appetizers, to give the right start to a lunch or dinner, we recommend a really simple Tuscan recipe. The Chiantigiana red croutons are a typical product to be made in a few minutes and with only genuine ingredients. The base consists of slices of bread or fried polenta , depending on how you want to present them. On these, then, a mixture of ingredients mixed and blended together must be added. The main component is wholemeal bread , softened with vinegar. To this, add various flavors, such as parsley or thyme, oil and the inevitable tomatoes, cut into small pieces. To please everyone, however, you can also customize this typical Tuscan dish and enrich it with always different flavors.
Arm yourself with a spoon and move on to the procedure!
Preparation of the recipe for the Chiantigiana red croutons
- First, thinly cut slices of wholemeal bread.
- Wet them with the right amount of vinegar, then squeeze them to remove excess liquid.
- If you have a mortar available, break up the softened bread and pour it into it, to crush it. Alternatively, put it in a bowl and mash it with a wooden spoon.
- Peel the tomatoes, remove the seeds and cut them into small cubes.
- Add them to the bread, along with the chopped garlic, parsley and thyme.
- Add the oil, the ground pepper and the salt.
- Pound everything to reduce volume, but roughly.
- Mix and take a little of the seasoning at a time, then distribute it on toasted slices of bread or on pieces of fried polenta.
This is one of the quick and easy recipes belonging to the Italian tradition. You can keep these Tuscan red croutons, or just their sauce, in an airtight container for 1 day, in the fridge .
Alternatively, prepare a tasty bruschetta with tuna .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Presnitz: the Trieste dessert with noble origins!
According to some testimonies it was created for Princess Sissi. Either way, the Presnitz quick recipe is tasty and easy...
Let’s find out how to prepare the brandacujun with the Ligurian recipe
The recipe for brandacujun comes directly from western Liguria, a creamed cod with potatoes with an intense flavor and creamy...
How okonomiyaki is prepared, a typical dish of Japanese cuisine
If you are looking for quick and easy recipes that come from afar, okonomyaki, Japanese pancakes with vegetables, is worth...
What is holistic massage: all about this practice for body and mind
Holistic massage has numerous benefits, both for the body and for the mind. Let’s see together what they are, and...
Bublanina is a truly amazing Czechoslovakian dessert with cherries
Bublanina is a simple cherry pie typical of the Czech Republic prepared with a dough similar to sponge cake. Literally...