The Friulian toc in braide is a highly appreciated single dish consisting of a particular polenta combined with a creamy sauce.
The gastronomic repertoire of Friuli gives us a dish with a truly exceptional flavor. We are talking about the toc in braide, a typical product very often presented as an appetizer. Its name is dialectal and can be translated as ” dip in the farm “.
The history of toc in braide is linked to the territory of origin and its original recipe, handed down from generation to generation, consists of a polenta combined with a particular sauce. Originally, leftover cheeses, which were present in the house, were used to create a creamy fondue. This was then added to the sauce with polenta flour roasted in butter, called ” morcje “. Let’s find out this quick and easy recipe together!
Preparation of the recipe for toc in braide
- To start, take a saucepan and pour the water inside. To this, add the milk and put on the stove . Cook and, when it begins to simmer, add salt.
- Remove from the heat (momentarily) and pour in 200 g of corn flour, sprinkling .
- Return to the stove and mix with a hand whisk.
- Continue to cook over low heat , for about 30 minutes or until the mixture thickens, becoming a soft-textured polenta.
- For the fondue , cut the cheese into pieces. Pour it into a saucepan and add the cream.
- Put on the stove and melt.
- When the cheese is melted, mix crosswise .
- Prepare the sauce by melting the butter in a pan. Add 60 g of corn flour and brown it.
- Once done, assemble the dish by pouring first the soft polenta, then the cheese fondue and, finally, the sauce.
Toc in braide is a typical Friulian dish that will undoubtedly conquer your palate. If you have leftover, keep it in the fridge for 2 days , in an airtight container.
Have you already tried the missoltini with polenta ?
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Presnitz: the Trieste dessert with noble origins!
According to some testimonies it was created for Princess Sissi. Either way, the Presnitz quick recipe is tasty and easy...
Let’s find out how to prepare the brandacujun with the Ligurian recipe
The recipe for brandacujun comes directly from western Liguria, a creamed cod with potatoes with an intense flavor and creamy...
How okonomiyaki is prepared, a typical dish of Japanese cuisine
If you are looking for quick and easy recipes that come from afar, okonomyaki, Japanese pancakes with vegetables, is worth...
What is holistic massage: all about this practice for body and mind
Holistic massage has numerous benefits, both for the body and for the mind. Let’s see together what they are, and...
Bublanina is a truly amazing Czechoslovakian dessert with cherries
Bublanina is a simple cherry pie typical of the Czech Republic prepared with a dough similar to sponge cake. Literally...