The original recipe for garlic soup is linked to an ancient Italian tradition. A first course with a strong flavor, rich in benefits for the body and also very economical.
The name of this recipe may not intrigue, especially those who don’t particularly like this ingredient. The garlic soup, however, is a first course with an intense and bold flavor, which at first glance may not involve. The creaminess of this preparation, however, makes it velvety on the palate. To make it you need a few genuine ingredients, linked to the territory.
The main element is red garlic . During preparation, its strong aroma is dulled by the aromas of other ingredients, leaving only a bold aftertaste. This garlic soup is an economical dish , as well as rich in benefits for the body. Nutritious and healthy, there are various versions of the original recipe, depending on the area of origin. The most particular, however, remains the Spanish one.
Preparing the recipe for garlic soup
- Before starting, prepare a good vegetable broth .
- Carefully wash two heads of garlic under running water. Cut them into wedges.
- Fill a saucepan with water and add salt. Put the wedges in it and move to the fire to cook. When they are well cooked, mash them and turn off.
- Meanwhile, start heating the vegetable broth (if you have prepared it a long time ago).
- In another bowl, pour the eggs and beat them. Pour the flour over this mixture, sifting it. Work with a hand whisk and mix.
- Pour this mixture over the boiling broth and start cooking.
- Season with salt and pears and cook for 20 minutes , with the lid on.
- Meanwhile, chop the parsley with a knife.
- After cooking, distribute the soup on the plates. Decorate with chopped parsley and dip in slices or small pieces of toasted bread. Let it cool and serve.
A typical product in many variations
In Italy and beyond, there are many variations of this typical product, based on the territory . Each area tends to enrich it with the most typical spices and vegetables that blend perfectly with the flavor of garlic. Then there are those who prefer meat broth instead of vegetable broth.
One of the most popular is the Spanish garlic soup. This soup is based on meat broth , enriched with ham. Eggs remain among the main ingredients, to give substance to the dish, but flour is not included. To flavor everything, in addition to parsley, bold paprika is added.
In order to take advantage of all the genuine flavor of garlic soup and exploit its beneficial properties, it is good to consume it right now. If you have some leftover, you can keep it in an airtight container, in the fridge for 1 day .
Are you a lover of this particular ingredient? Do not miss all the curiosities about the typical Aglione of the Valdichiana .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...