The original recipe for garlic soup is linked to an ancient Italian tradition. A first course with a strong flavor, rich in benefits for the body and also very economical.
The name of this recipe may not intrigue, especially those who don’t particularly like this ingredient. The garlic soup, however, is a first course with an intense and bold flavor, which at first glance may not involve. The creaminess of this preparation, however, makes it velvety on the palate. To make it you need a few genuine ingredients, linked to the territory.
The main element is red garlic . During preparation, its strong aroma is dulled by the aromas of other ingredients, leaving only a bold aftertaste. This garlic soup is an economical dish , as well as rich in benefits for the body. Nutritious and healthy, there are various versions of the original recipe, depending on the area of origin. The most particular, however, remains the Spanish one.
Preparing the recipe for garlic soup
- Before starting, prepare a good vegetable broth .
- Carefully wash two heads of garlic under running water. Cut them into wedges.
- Fill a saucepan with water and add salt. Put the wedges in it and move to the fire to cook. When they are well cooked, mash them and turn off.
- Meanwhile, start heating the vegetable broth (if you have prepared it a long time ago).
- In another bowl, pour the eggs and beat them. Pour the flour over this mixture, sifting it. Work with a hand whisk and mix.
- Pour this mixture over the boiling broth and start cooking.
- Season with salt and pears and cook for 20 minutes , with the lid on.
- Meanwhile, chop the parsley with a knife.
- After cooking, distribute the soup on the plates. Decorate with chopped parsley and dip in slices or small pieces of toasted bread. Let it cool and serve.
A typical product in many variations
In Italy and beyond, there are many variations of this typical product, based on the territory . Each area tends to enrich it with the most typical spices and vegetables that blend perfectly with the flavor of garlic. Then there are those who prefer meat broth instead of vegetable broth.
One of the most popular is the Spanish garlic soup. This soup is based on meat broth , enriched with ham. Eggs remain among the main ingredients, to give substance to the dish, but flour is not included. To flavor everything, in addition to parsley, bold paprika is added.
In order to take advantage of all the genuine flavor of garlic soup and exploit its beneficial properties, it is good to consume it right now. If you have some leftover, you can keep it in an airtight container, in the fridge for 1 day .
Are you a lover of this particular ingredient? Do not miss all the curiosities about the typical Aglione of the Valdichiana .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Bach flowers: a natural remedy for colds and flu
Bach flowers are valid natural remedies for colds and flu: let's see which ones to use against these diseases. Like...
Crunchy baked pumpkin crush: perfect for autumn
The crunchy squash squash is an excellent alternative to bread to serve as an appetizer. Here is the recipe to...
Comfy and practical: long live wide trousers, save looks for every occasion
For those days when you need a cocoon mood and more, the perfect women's wardrobe includes baggy trousers Bootcut, palazzo,...
Just for you, the video recipe for quick and easy puff pastry bread sticks
How to make puff pastry bread sticks? Here are the ingredients and recipe for making quick and very easy appetizers...
Much more than praline almonds: they are the stones of Abruzzo
Sassi d'Abruzzo are a typical dessert of a small town in Teramo, prepared with caramelized and flavored almonds. Finally, they...
Fashion1 week ago
Black Friday fashion: between advances, fast shopping and discounted luxury purchases
Recipes1 week ago
How to make risotto pasta in a pan: have you ever tasted it?
Recipes1 week ago
How to make mascarpone cream: the classic recipe and with the Thermomix!
Recipes4 days ago
Reinforcement salad: a Christmas dish of the Neapolitan tradition