Consisting of a shortcrust pastry wrap and stuffed with quince jam, gobeletti are truly delicious Ligurian sweets.
Gobeletti, also known as cubeletti or cobelletti, are shortcrust pastry cakes filled with jam. Typical of some coastal towns such as Cogoleto, Finale Ligure and Rapallo , however, it is in the latter that they are prepared following the traditional recipe of Liguria to the point of obtaining the municipal designation of origin in 2012.
These typical Ligurian sweets have a very simple preparation. As mentioned, in fact, these are pastries composed of a shortcrust pastry wrap filled with quince jam . The shape, according to the production specification, must be a truncated cone with wavy edges and a dome-shaped closure. The custom has it that the Ligurian gobeletti are served on the occasion of the feast of Sant’Agata which falls on February 5th.
How to prepare the gobeletti recipe
- To prepare Genoese gobeletti, start with shortcrust pastry . Combine the flour, sugar and grated zest of half a lemon in a bowl and mix quickly.
- Add the chilled butter into chunks and start kneading with your fingertips. Once you have a crumbled dough, add the egg yolks and finish working. Form a loaf , wrap it in cling film and let it rest in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Then roll it out between two sheets of parchment paper until it reaches a thickness of half a centimeter .
- Obtain discs a little larger than the molds and transfer the pastry inside, pressing the edges lightly so that it adheres. If you don’t have the truncated cone shaped corrugated molds, you can also use the muffin molds.
- Stuff with quince jam and close with a piece of shortcrust pastry, sealing the contact points well.
- Cook the gubeletti at 180 ° C for 25 minutes and let them cool completely before serving.
You will move away from the traditional recipe but why not try to make this dessert using vegan shortcrust pastry ? You won’t even notice the difference!
Like all shortbread desserts, gobeletti also have a fairly long storage time. In fact, they are kept under a cake bell for over a week .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...