Handed down over the years, blecs are a particular and very thin pasta, a typical dish of Friulian cuisine that you cannot miss.
Friulian blecs are a particular type of fresh pasta . Traditionally, they are part of the gastronomic repertoire of Friuli Venezia Giulia and have always been made using a particular processing method. Their main feature is their appearance, because they are very thin sheets of dough similar to tacos . The basic dough is made from an original mix of white flour, buckwheat and corn. Very similar to maltagliati, their original recipe includes a condiment based on butter and corn flour. If you prefer, however, you can accompany them with the usual ragù.
Preparation of the recipe for the blecs
- First, combine the 00 flour, the buckwheat flour and 50 g of the corn flour in a single bowl.
- Stir and add one egg at a time and the yolk, incorporating any additions.
- Also add 70 g of softened butter (previously cut into cubes). If you have a planetary mixer you can use it to knead, or proceed by hand.
- Once you have a smooth mixture, shape it into a block.
- Wrap it in cling film and let it rest for 30 minutes in the fridge .
- After this time, place the dough on a work surface (floured). Roll it out with a rolling pin, obtaining a thin sheet of about 1/2 millimeter .
- With a pastry wheel, divide the dough into many small triangles. If they come out in an irregular shape, that’s not a problem.
- If you want to create the sauce of the traditional recipe, you just need to put 150 g of butter in a saucepan.
- Melt it together with 50 g of corn flour. Let it brown and, if you prefer, add the sage.
- Fill a saucepan with water and, when it boils, add salt. Dip the pasta inside and cook over moderate heat, until they come back to the surface.
- Finally, serve and cover with the sauce and a handful of grated Montasio.
The history of the extraordinary Friulian blecs
Seasoned in the traditional way, this pasta is a delicious first course. The original preparation, in the past, involved a dough with a mix of buckwheat, durum wheat and corn flour. The name blecs itself was also used to identify cut patches . In fact, their shape is very reminiscent of pieces of cloth used to fix clothes. The typical condiment, made up of butter, corn flour and sage, is called ” sludge “. In the past, this term indicated the residue of the cooking bottom of the butter, at the base of the condiments.
Once the blecs are created, you can freeze them and cook them as needed. If you want to prepare them later, just keep the dough, wrapped in plastic wrap, for 1 day in the fridge .
Look for a tasty first course, try the maltagliati .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Reassuring and decisive, military green is a trendy nuance again this winter: here's how it goes, even crazy! Bold, determined,...
Purple potatoes must absolutely be included in the diet: here are the reasons
If you've never tried them, purple potatoes taste really great. Not only that, they also bring many benefits to the...
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe
Bucatini alla Caruso are a simple first course prepared with genuine ingredients typical of the Campania region. Here is the...
Mousseline cream, a pride of French pastry
Similar to custard, mousseline cream is enriched with a fair amount of butter. Here is the recipe. France is famous...
Bach flowers: a natural remedy for colds and flu
Bach flowers are valid natural remedies for colds and flu: let's see which ones to use against these diseases. Like...
Recipes1 week ago
How to make mascarpone cream: the classic recipe and with the Thermomix!
Recipes5 days ago
Reinforcement salad: a Christmas dish of the Neapolitan tradition
Recipes1 week ago
For Sunday lunch, here are the artichoke crêpes
Recipes1 week ago
Baked hake with cherry tomatoes and olives: recipe for a tasty second course