The lamb shoulder in the oven is an ideal dish to serve during the holidays, but it can also be prepared on other occasions. Let’s prepare it together!
This dish is not difficult to prepare: in fact we can consider it an easy recipe that requires some time to cook in the oven. You need to have a little patience , but the final result will be really great. For this second meat dish we decided to use new potatoes as a side dish, but if you prefer you can also use other side dishes such as mushrooms or peas. To make the roast lamb shoulder tastier, we recommend marinating it before proceeding with cooking: it can also be cooked in a pan. So let’s see how to prepare the lamb shoulder in the oven, step by step.
Preparing the recipe for the lamb shoulder in the oven
- The first thing to do to prepare the lamb shoulder in the oven is to marinate it for a few hours in water and lemon.
- After the marinating time has elapsed, transfer the shoulder to a pan and brown it with a drizzle of oil, a sprig of rosemary and a few peppercorns. Brown all sides well and blend with white wine.
- When the wine has evaporated completely, transfer the shoulder to a pan. Season with salt and cook at 160 ° C for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, wash the new potatoes thoroughly and remove the peel.
- Boil the potatoes in a pan of water and boil the potatoes for 3 or 4 minutes . Drain them, place them in a bowl and season with oil, salt and pepper. Stir to mix the sauce well and let them flavor.
- After the first hour of cooking the shoulder, take it out and arrange the potatoes around it and cook for another 40 minutes at the same temperature. Then, raise the temperature to 180 ° C and cook for another 20-25 minutes. The shoulder is ready to be brought to the table.
Variants of the lamb shoulder in the oven: boneless and in a pan
- If you prefer, you can get a boneless shoulder of lamb from your butcher and stuff it before putting it in the oven . You can make the filling as you prefer, we recommend sausage, mushrooms, sage and garlic. Close the lamb shoulder with string and cook in the oven for about 45 minutes.
- Alternatively, you can also cook the lamb shoulder in a pan, with the precaution of obtaining pieces of meat more or less the same size and turning them often. In this way, the cooking will be more homogeneous. Cook the lamb shoulder for about 25 minutes over medium heat.
This delicious second course of meat can be stored in an airtight container for 1 day and reheated if necessary.
Try also the recipe of the lamb in the oven !
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Risotto with pomegranate: a rich and colorful dish for special occasions!
It is one of the fanciest and most delicious first courses: pomegranate risotto is perfect for special occasions, but it...
Let’s see the recipe for Poppella snowflakes, a typical dessert of Naples
Let's find out together how to prepare a sweet from Naples, Poppella's Snowflakes: soft and creamy they have bewitched everyone....
The trendiest bijoux to give at Christmas are those of the Ferragni sisters: sparkling and sophisticated collections
Chiara and Valentina Ferragni inspire our looks and also our bijoux. And their jewelry collections stand out among the perfect...
The diet of Victoria’s Secret models is not the same for all: here’s what they eat
What is the Victoria Secret models diet? Always beautiful and in perfect shape, they follow a precise diet. Beautiful and...
Viva Magenta, Pantone’s sparkling color 2023 can’t be missing in your wardrobe: how to wear it
Glamorous and bold, Viva Magenta is the Pantone 2023 color we can't wait to wear A magical, surprising color, full...
Fashion1 week ago
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Fashion1 week ago
Ugg Guard Boots, the waterproof sole that allows us to wear all but all the shoes we want!
Recipes1 week ago
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe
Recipes1 week ago
Mousseline cream, a pride of French pastry