The Neapolitan sauté is a particular recipe prepared with offal cooked in tomato and chilli sauce. Here is the recipe.
Do not be misled by the name: the Neapolitan sauté is not a chopped celery, carrot and onion used to prepare the tomato sauce. It is rather a fried pork prepared with the so-called coratella , that is all the less noble parts of the animal. Also known as Zuppa forte from Campania, it has very ancient origins. It was prepared on street corners by the zendraglie , that is the women who cooked the giblets, and served on toasted bread in exchange for a few coins.
The sautéed meat then, as often happens, has become ennobled and today it is only the best butchers in the city that keep all the secrets to prepare the sautéed soup to perfection. The perfect recipe therefore exists, but everyone has their own. We reveal how to prepare it following the traditional recipe as much as possible and therefore using the spleen, heart, lung, trachea and liver as well as tomato paste and bay leaf.
How to prepare the Neapolitan sautéed recipe
- First cut the offal into small pieces and leave them to soak in water for two hours. Then drain and blanch for about 5 minutes to remove all impurities.
- In a pan, melt the lard with the oil and brown the meat for a few moments before blending with the red wine.
- When you no longer smell alcohol rising from the pan, add the tomato concentrate and sauce, aromatic herbs, chilli pepper and a few ladles of water.
- Cook for 2 hours on medium heat with the lid on and then again for 30 minutes without the lid so that the sauce dries. About halfway through cooking, add salt as well.
- Serve this tasty dish alone or prepare the Neapolitan sauté with spaghetti to create an extremely tasty first course.
If you are looking for other quick and easy recipes typical of Neapolitan cuisine then do not miss the legendary Neapolitan ragù .
The Neapolitan sauté can be kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 days . We recommend consuming it after heating it.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Risotto with pomegranate: a rich and colorful dish for special occasions!
It is one of the fanciest and most delicious first courses: pomegranate risotto is perfect for special occasions, but it...
Let’s see the recipe for Poppella snowflakes, a typical dessert of Naples
Let's find out together how to prepare a sweet from Naples, Poppella's Snowflakes: soft and creamy they have bewitched everyone....
The trendiest bijoux to give at Christmas are those of the Ferragni sisters: sparkling and sophisticated collections
Chiara and Valentina Ferragni inspire our looks and also our bijoux. And their jewelry collections stand out among the perfect...
The diet of Victoria’s Secret models is not the same for all: here’s what they eat
What is the Victoria Secret models diet? Always beautiful and in perfect shape, they follow a precise diet. Beautiful and...
Viva Magenta, Pantone’s sparkling color 2023 can’t be missing in your wardrobe: how to wear it
Glamorous and bold, Viva Magenta is the Pantone 2023 color we can't wait to wear A magical, surprising color, full...
Fashion1 week ago
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Fashion1 week ago
Ugg Guard Boots, the waterproof sole that allows us to wear all but all the shoes we want!
Recipes1 week ago
Mousseline cream, a pride of French pastry
Recipes1 week ago
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe