Among the most delicious recipes of Sicily stands out that of tuna with onions, a second dish based on simple and tasty fish.
That of tuna with onions is a rich recipe of the Sicilian tradition. Also known as Tunnina ca ‘cipuddata, it is a simple and tasty main course . The main ingredient is the red tuna fillet , which must first be cooked alone and then accompanied by the other main component of the dish. For this recipe, you can use both white and red Tropea onion ; the latter, perhaps, is chosen more, because it is tastier on the palate. However, it is able to give a strong bittersweet note to the dish, which becomes irresistible.
Preparation for the recipe of tuna with onions
- Start with the onions: wash and peel them before cutting them into thin slices.
- Take a saucepan and cover the bottom with a couple of tablespoons of oil (30 ml). Dip the onions and add the sugar, vinegar and salt.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes , stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, you can take another pan and pour a couple of tablespoons of oil here too. Put a clove of garlic and let it heat up.
- At this point, add the tuna steaks and cook them for about 4 minutes per side . You can also shorten the cooking time, for a tender fillet with a pinker and more tender heart.
- When the onions are cooked, you can start serving the tuna onions. Distribute them, together with their sauce, on plates.
- Later, place the fish fillets on top.
By preparing this second dish, that is the tuna with sweet and sour onion, you will bring to the table some of the typical flavors of the fantastic Sicily .
This dish is excellent to be enjoyed both warm and cold. For it to be truly perfect, it should be enjoyed at the moment and, in fact, conservation is not recommended .
Alternatively, among the quick and easy fish-based recipes, there is the more rustic one of the tuna burger .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Bach flowers: a natural remedy for colds and flu
Bach flowers are valid natural remedies for colds and flu: let's see which ones to use against these diseases. Like...
Crunchy baked pumpkin crush: perfect for autumn
The crunchy squash squash is an excellent alternative to bread to serve as an appetizer. Here is the recipe to...
Comfy and practical: long live wide trousers, save looks for every occasion
For those days when you need a cocoon mood and more, the perfect women's wardrobe includes baggy trousers Bootcut, palazzo,...
Just for you, the video recipe for quick and easy puff pastry bread sticks
How to make puff pastry bread sticks? Here are the ingredients and recipe for making quick and very easy appetizers...
Much more than praline almonds: they are the stones of Abruzzo
Sassi d'Abruzzo are a typical dessert of a small town in Teramo, prepared with caramelized and flavored almonds. Finally, they...
Fashion1 week ago
Black Friday fashion: between advances, fast shopping and discounted luxury purchases
Recipes1 week ago
How to make risotto pasta in a pan: have you ever tasted it?
Recipes1 week ago
How to make mascarpone cream: the classic recipe and with the Thermomix!
Recipes4 days ago
Reinforcement salad: a Christmas dish of the Neapolitan tradition