Among the most delicious recipes of Sicily stands out that of tuna with onions, a second dish based on simple and tasty fish.
That of tuna with onions is a rich recipe of the Sicilian tradition. Also known as Tunnina ca ‘cipuddata, it is a simple and tasty main course . The main ingredient is the red tuna fillet , which must first be cooked alone and then accompanied by the other main component of the dish. For this recipe, you can use both white and red Tropea onion ; the latter, perhaps, is chosen more, because it is tastier on the palate. However, it is able to give a strong bittersweet note to the dish, which becomes irresistible.
Preparation for the recipe of tuna with onions
- Start with the onions: wash and peel them before cutting them into thin slices.
- Take a saucepan and cover the bottom with a couple of tablespoons of oil (30 ml). Dip the onions and add the sugar, vinegar and salt.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes , stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, you can take another pan and pour a couple of tablespoons of oil here too. Put a clove of garlic and let it heat up.
- At this point, add the tuna steaks and cook them for about 4 minutes per side . You can also shorten the cooking time, for a tender fillet with a pinker and more tender heart.
- When the onions are cooked, you can start serving the tuna onions. Distribute them, together with their sauce, on plates.
- Later, place the fish fillets on top.
By preparing this second dish, that is the tuna with sweet and sour onion, you will bring to the table some of the typical flavors of the fantastic Sicily .
This dish is excellent to be enjoyed both warm and cold. For it to be truly perfect, it should be enjoyed at the moment and, in fact, conservation is not recommended .
Alternatively, among the quick and easy fish-based recipes, there is the more rustic one of the tuna burger .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...