Every occasion is good to eat cappelletti in broth, a typical dish of the holidays in Emilia Romagna.
The cappelletti in broth are a typical Emilian product usually prepared on the occasion of holidays. There is no real original recipe because each family prepares them in their own way. In fact, if when we talk about broth we always mean that of capon , the filling for cappelletti in broth undergoes significant changes based on tradition.
Let’s clarify immediately that the difference between tortellini and cappelletti lies in the closure as well as in the size. The former are smaller and are closed around the little finger while the latter are larger and to close them it is sufficient to join the two points of the triangle. As a rough guide, we advise you to prepare about 20 cappelletti per person , providing a little extra for those who want to make an encore.
How to prepare the recipe for cappelletti in broth
- First, put the broth on. Flame the bird and put it in a very large pot with the celery, carrot and onion cut into chunks and the tomato divided in half. Cover with four times the volume of water and light the fire.
- As soon as foam begins to form on the surface, remove it with a slotted spoon, then cover and continue cooking for an hour and a half, seasoning with salt.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling . Finely chop the ham with a knife and combine it in a bowl together with the two types of minced meat, Parmesan cheese and oil. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and mix well.
- Also prepare the pastry by placing the flour in a fountain and breaking the eggs in the center. Knead first with a fork and then by hand, vigorously, until you get a smooth and homogeneous dough.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes under an inverted bowl.
- After the rest time, roll out the dough very thin and cut squares of about 5 cm on each side, with the help of a notched wheel.
- Put a teaspoon of filling in the center of each, fold in half to obtain a triangle and then join the two tips.
- Once the broth is ready, strain it and cook the cappelletti for 5 minutes . Serve hot with their broth and a sprinkling of Parmesan.
If you liked this recipe, we suggest you also try our tortellini in broth : they are nothing short of amazing!
Better to consume the freshly made cappelletti in broth. If you have to prepare more than necessary, it is better to keep the broth and raw cappelletti separately and cook everything at the last minute.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...