Pumpkin and sausage risotto is a first course full of flavor, perfect to serve for both lunch and dinner!
Today we prepare a delicious and really tasty first course, pumpkin and sausage risotto. This winter or autumn risotto is perfect for enjoying a hot dish during the coldest days, and its sweetness will be able to conquer everyone, young and old.
Rice, pumpkin and sausage are already three ingredients that form a wonderful combination of flavors, but if you want to give an extra touch to this preparation, you can also try mixing this dish with a particular cheese, such as taleggio, pecorino, and for those who love strong and intense flavors, a little gorgonzola !
You are ready? Then let's immediately start preparing this fantastic tasty risotto!
How to make pumpkin and sausage risotto
- Start by peeling the pumpkin, then remove the seeds and internal filaments before cutting it into cubes.
- Continue by peeling the onion (or shallot) and slicing it thinly.
- Take a saucepan, heat a little oil and butter and brown the onion.
- In the meantime, remove the casing from the sausage, crumble it and cook it in a non- stick pan with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cooking the meat first is certainly one of the secrets for the perfect risotto: in this way the sausage will not take on that boiled effect, and will remain rather tasty!
- When it is nice toasted, blend it with a little white wine and add the pumpkin cubes.
- Lower the heat and cook for about ten minutes, so that the vegetable softens.
- Now add the rice and toast , then blend with the white wine.
- Mix well then add the boiling broth and cook the rice, gradually adding the rest of the broth as needed.
- When cooked, turn off the heat and stir in a knob of butter and grated cheese.
- Stir and add a pinch of pepper.
- Serve the risotto hot and finish with a sprinkling of cheese. Enjoy your meal!
And if you want to try other recipes with pumpkin, alternatively we recommend you also try our fabulous pumpkin and speck risotto .
The variations of risotto with pumpkin and sausage: creamy or crunchy?
Our recipe for rice with pumpkin and sausage will allow you to enjoy a first course that is creamy, but not too much. In fact, there will also be some pieces of intact pumpkin that will give a little sparkle to the bite together with the toasted sausage. If you want, however, we can also recommend two other recipes, with the same ingredients, but with a very different result.
The first variant is with pumpkin cooked in the oven. Cut it in half and put it directly in the oven (still with peel and seeds), on a special baking tray or in a baking dish, with an oven preheated to 180 ° C for 30-35 minutes . After this time, remove it from the oven, let it cool, then remove the seeds and remove the soft pulp with a spoon. Put the pulp in the pan when the sausage and rice are already cooking together: thanks to the broth it will immediately become hot and will blend very well with the dish.
The second variant is the crunchy pumpkin saddle. To make it, cut the raw pulp into cubes and immediately put it in the pan when the sausage and rice are already cooking. In this way the vegetable will cook properly while remaining crunchy to the bite.
We recommend consuming this rustic and autumn recipe at the moment, however you can also leave the rice for 1 day in the fridge , well covered with cling film. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Generic Travocort: Uses and Contraindications of Cortisone Ointment
What is the generic of Travocort? Let's see what this medicine is for and what is the price of the...
What is immunity debt and what causes it?
Immunity debt: what it is, meaning, causes and possible remedies for the difficulty in defending oneself from certain diseases. When...
Gingerbread: the traditional Christmas cake
Panpepato is a typical dessert of the Christmas tradition and which is prepared with chocolate, raisins, almonds and hazelnuts. Gingerbread...
How to match leather leggings without making mistakes
Leather leggings are a must-have, but how to combine them without making a mistake? Let's find out now! Comfortable but...
How to make homemade nougat?
Nougat ingredients and recipe: a simple preparation, perfect for the Christmas holidays and for those who want to prepare nice...
Recipes1 week ago
Reinforcement salad: a Christmas dish of the Neapolitan tradition
Fashion1 week ago
A lesson from Alessandro Michele: the style details that we can (and must) steal from the designer
Recipes1 week ago
Reinforcement salad: a traditional Neapolitan Christmas dish
Fashion1 week ago
From Lady Gaga to Dakota Johnson, from Achille Lauro to Maneskin: the Gucci looks by Alessandro Michele