Pumpkin and sausage risotto is a first course full of flavor, perfect to serve for both lunch and dinner!
Today we prepare a delicious and really tasty first course, pumpkin and sausage risotto. This winter or autumn risotto is perfect for enjoying a hot dish during the coldest days, and its sweetness will be able to conquer everyone, young and old.
Rice, pumpkin and sausage are already three ingredients that form a wonderful combination of flavors, but if you want to give an extra touch to this preparation, you can also try mixing this dish with a particular cheese, such as taleggio, pecorino, and for those who love strong and intense flavors, a little gorgonzola !
You are ready? Then let's immediately start preparing this fantastic tasty risotto!
How to make pumpkin and sausage risotto
- Start by peeling the pumpkin, then remove the seeds and internal filaments before cutting it into cubes.
- Continue by peeling the onion (or shallot) and slicing it thinly.
- Take a saucepan, heat a little oil and butter and brown the onion.
- In the meantime, remove the casing from the sausage, crumble it and cook it in a non- stick pan with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cooking the meat first is certainly one of the secrets for the perfect risotto: in this way the sausage will not take on that boiled effect, and will remain rather tasty!
- When it is nice toasted, blend it with a little white wine and add the pumpkin cubes.
- Lower the heat and cook for about ten minutes, so that the vegetable softens.
- Now add the rice and toast , then blend with the white wine.
- Mix well then add the boiling broth and cook the rice, gradually adding the rest of the broth as needed.
- When cooked, turn off the heat and stir in a knob of butter and grated cheese.
- Stir and add a pinch of pepper.
- Serve the risotto hot and finish with a sprinkling of cheese. Enjoy your meal!
And if you want to try other recipes with pumpkin, alternatively we recommend you also try our fabulous pumpkin and speck risotto .
The variations of risotto with pumpkin and sausage: creamy or crunchy?
Our recipe for rice with pumpkin and sausage will allow you to enjoy a first course that is creamy, but not too much. In fact, there will also be some pieces of intact pumpkin that will give a little sparkle to the bite together with the toasted sausage. If you want, however, we can also recommend two other recipes, with the same ingredients, but with a very different result.
The first variant is with pumpkin cooked in the oven. Cut it in half and put it directly in the oven (still with peel and seeds), on a special baking tray or in a baking dish, with an oven preheated to 180 ° C for 30-35 minutes . After this time, remove it from the oven, let it cool, then remove the seeds and remove the soft pulp with a spoon. Put the pulp in the pan when the sausage and rice are already cooking together: thanks to the broth it will immediately become hot and will blend very well with the dish.
The second variant is the crunchy pumpkin saddle. To make it, cut the raw pulp into cubes and immediately put it in the pan when the sausage and rice are already cooking. In this way the vegetable will cook properly while remaining crunchy to the bite.
We recommend consuming this rustic and autumn recipe at the moment, however you can also leave the rice for 1 day in the fridge , well covered with cling film. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
What good baked lasagna with pumpkin and sausage: here’s how to prepare them!
The pumpkin and sausage lasagna recipe is perfect for those who want to prepare a delicious and inviting first course....
No planes or boats: you can taste the Ischian gypsy directly at your home!
More than a sandwich, the Ischitan gypsy is called toasted bread. Let's discover all the secrets to prepare it like...
Generalized anxiety: how to overcome the fear of living?
When do we talk about generalized anxiety? Let's see when the symptoms lead to define it as such and what...
From the pre-collections s / s 2023, the trends to steal from men’s fashion to be anticipated already this summer
We recently spotted the men's fashion trends of summer 2023 on the catwalk, to be copied to us too starting...
We enjoy kimbap, the fantastic Korean sushi
Kimbap is a Korean sushi-based dish, very easy to make and with few ingredients. Here is the simple recipe to...
Beauty1 week ago
Lip contour: what are the most effective creams and serums?
Health1 week ago
Mental fatigue, the remedies: procrastination prohibited and obligation to delegate
Fashion1 week ago
The easy, fast and glam hairstyles that will save us from the heat: the ponytail to revisit and the disheveled crop
Health1 week ago
Tingling in the back: what it depends on and how to intervene